Official Announcements

Fury

Hyperspace travel is based on the grid system found on standard maps of the galaxy. Travel times depend on the number of grid squares the travel will take you through. Different parts of the galaxy take different amounts of time to travel through.

In most of the Galaxy, it will take approximately 24 hours to traverse a Grid Square with a Class 1 Hyperdrive.  As long as you stay on a Major Hyperlane or Minor Trade Lane, this time is decreased to 12 hours.  Veering off the lane removes this benefit.  A Minor Trade Lane is defined by any hyperspace route on the main Galaxy Map below that is not one of the 6 Major Hyperlanes.  Lanes on sector maps do not qualify (unless that route is also a Minor Trade Lane as defined above) and it is assumed most Sectors in the Galaxy have similar lanes in them.  You are not required to use a lane, you can chart a course from anywhere to anywhere, it just takes much longer and is much riskier and the main reason why Hyperlanes exist. 

The Deep Core and the Outer Rim have longer travel times, the former for being densely populated with stars, the latter for being the largest area and poorly charted.  For these areas the time is increased to 48 hours.

Traveling a distance shorter than a grid square will be reasonably estimated by the Moderators. 

All times are multiplied by your Hyperdrive Class.  For example a Class 2 doubles the time, Class 3 triples the time, and so on.

These times are general times assuming a single ship.  Fleet movements on the other hand are not so clear cut.  Militaries have structure, procedure, and conditions that will increase time.  This factor will be handled by the Mods on a case by case basis.   However for civilian uses like figuring out trade or other civilian purposes, these times are generally solid as a vast majority of civilian traffic moves down the lanes and exits when favorable to do so.

http://www.swgalaxymap.com/

• 2 weeks later...

So despite my multi-day tinkering with the unit spreadsheet, I cannot seem to reconcile new Trooper types with the sheet.  Therefore, we will be reverting back to the old school SWD method of reconciling new kit with Planetary Ratings increases.  We don't have a hard and clean spreadsheet calculation for these its a shoot from the hip situation so please be cognizant of that. 

That leads me to something I will say for sure, is what is permissible in this regard versus what needs to be something else.  The following are item changes that would be reflected in the Planetary Stat increases are;

- Personal Weapons: Pistols, Rifles, Melee Weapons, most Crew Served Weapons (heavy repeating blaster rifles, mortars, shoulder fired missiles, etc...)

- Personal Armor and accessories (Comm Links, HUD's, Medpacks, Combat Engineer Kit, explosives, small tactical drones, technical tools like fusion cutters, etc...)

- Cybernetic Implants

- Things like battle suits, combat frames, or whatever other weird Gundam inspired mecha stuff are treated as vehicles for tech purposes.  This also covers combat droids larger than the average human.

Also wanted to mention something as it came up in another conversation; the GT's listed on the weapons list are baseline outputs but there is a method on the spreadsheet to override this baseline with a new GT, to which of course comes with the commiserate sacrifice to the Spreadsheet Demon.  I will allow overrides to the baseline GT in cases where it would be reasonable to do so (for example your ship has a really large gun but what's on the list doesn't really fit it).  Be mindful in doing this and don't go crazy with it as I am still retaining firepower restrictions until such time as I feel what has happened IG is sufficient enough to lift them.  Those limits are in place not only to monitor the Technology Category as it can get out of hand in the shortest amount of time, but it also has In Character reasoning due to the Era we are in. 

• 2 weeks later...

I've been a little inconsistent on the topic of training lower level troops into higher level, and since I hate inconsistency, we are going to set some stuff in stone. The price will Remaining the cost difference between the two levels, however, the washout rate will now depend on your Personnel Training Tech.

Basic: 10% Per Level Increased. For example, training a regular to a veteran will result in a 10% washout rate. Training from a regular to an Elite would cost 10% for Regular-Vet, and 10% of the remain from Vet-Elite. So on and so forth.

Intermediate: 7.5% washout rate per level increased.

Advanced: 5% washout rate per level increased.

As per normal, your personnel rating out of 100 represents the quality of training and the quality of your troops when done. Higher levels still equal higher Proficiency and better training. These new rules will be effective going forward and will not adjust the results of anything with results completed or pending.

• 2 weeks later...

Unless you are the Bormea Sector, Alderaan Sector, or Coruscanti SubSector...

Your growths are done. Feel free to submit your budget. If you're doing anymore than a 0.02% change in your tax rates, I expect to see an article from you about why you're doing it. 

The clock ticked over. Please submit your budgets, I will work on them tonight. Please remember everything else is closed until we restart. If you can not submit your budget because of the clock (you submitted it late) please let me know on Discord.

23 hours ago, Shadows said:

Unless you are the Bormea Sector, Alderaan Sector, or Coruscanti SubSector...

Your growths are done. Feel free to submit your budget. If you're doing anymore than a 0.02% change in your tax rates, I expect to see an article from you about why you're doing it. 

These three planets should refrain from sending budgets until its confirmed their growths are done.

On the issue of Kuat:

No sales will be permitted between Kuat and any other world without security measures being detailed via action before hand. The Kuat system is currently a combat zone so things can't simply move in and out.

No new construction orders will be permitted without the same. Marcus has been given a full break down of TPC he controls outside of the Kuat system, and that can be used at his leisure, but new construction will then need to be transported into the war zone.

Ubrikkia is also not available at this stage due to Hutt interference. 

I wouldn't normally do this as it seems petty, but I feel the need to clarify something. This is not how combat usually goes here. However, we started saturday... the first thing Marcus should have done is sent SOMETHING. ANYTHING. Regarding his capitol being under Siege. Any orders at all. But he didn't, instead he just started building. 

He was also aware he had no control over his B1 droids, and has done nothing about it all weekend. I used his previous defensive orders to the best of my ability, but honestly, there wasn't enough there to really go on. With a lack of orders to defend himself, after two full days, this is what happened. 

Please remember, this is an interactive game that requires input from you as a player. We also can not just ignore situations if you don't choose to act, especially when they are being driven by the actions of players. Let this be a lesson.

• 2 weeks later...

A couple of changes that will be implemented next year:

1. Corruption: Corruption, as it stands, effects your yearly budget to a small amount. That doesn't seem like enough, especially with the effort some of you are putting into combating it. Starting next year, we will be looking at having corruption effect economic results. For example, you are investing 1 quadrillion credits into your economy, but have a high corruption. You could potentially lose trillions of credits off that initial investment to corrupt officials.

2. Economy Cool Down: After we run growths at the end of this year, we will start implementing economic cool downs. This means, that without continual investments, your economic growth will start dropping. It will be relatively slow, with no more than 25% of your growth (1% losing 0.25%) in the first year. However, allowing your economy to stagnate, will lead to increasing losses.

I'm letting you guys know this now, with over a month of IRL time left in the year, so you can prepare and be ready for the changes. Please take them into account with your planning for the remainder of the year.

I have paused the clock for 24 hours. Actions remain open though.

GeneralCrazy has quit and I will be posting an article in a couple hours that'll make it easier for you guys to deal with the situation in game. The pause is simply because this is the appropriate date for a lot of things to happen all at once and I need the time to get the articles out.

This is the next post I need to make, let's address some things.

First, re: Icedsquirrel. Do I think I handled this situation? Kind of, I handled it exactly how I wanted to, and how I felt I needed to. Does that make it the right decision? Fuck if I know. One thing for sure, is judging by his Discord interactions, I am 100% convinced that he was attempting to gaslight the situation and blame the community instead of taking responsibility for his own actions. I, as the only active admin on the site, should have handled it more diplomatically though.

Which brings us into our next point: I am finding it more and more difficult to handle these types of situations diplomatically. Let's address some of the reasons. First, there's the fact that I deal with horrible people on a daily basis and have to do so in order to keep my job, so that takes most of my energy to deal with bullshit. Second, I can't ignore the fact that I am the only caregiver to both of my disabled parents now, so that is exhausting. Finally, the fact that for years I seem to be the only person who is willing to step up and run this game, and then stay, is exhausting. Feeling like I am the only one willing to do so for so long has worn me out, and has made it exceedingly difficult to manage interactions with people I don't particularly like, and has gotten to the point where I don't want to anymore.

This isn't the way a community should be run though. So what I'm going to do to address this, is quite simply, take a step back from the SWD Discord. I won't be actively participating in discussions there for the near future at the very least. I am still on Discord a lot, so if anyone needs anything, they can message me privately or ping me. Other than that though, I'm going to do my best to avoid getting tangled into discussions that turn into arguments. I encourage the rest of you to continue using it though, and the Mods are still there to make sure it stays peaceful.

For now, that's everything. I am going to be posting a couple very spicy articles today, which is why I paused the clock, so stay tuned for those. Let's continue the round and continue to have fun.

• Thanks 3