Official Announcements

Fury

You may now submit your budgets. Please do so between today and Monday the 27th. We are using this as an activity check as well. If you do not submit a budget and have not informed us of an LOA, or been active in the week prior to this announcement, we will be opening up your planet for others to apply for.

So the rash of 500 and 504 errors slowed us down a bit. Please stand by for us to restart. I hope to start processing budgets by tomorrow or Weds at the latest. We are still working on actions as we speak. So far tonight I haven't gotten any errors, so my hopes are high that they won't be as severe a problem going forward. We will continue our work on clearing the backlog and getting budgets done.

If something happened to your planet or military over the last week, let me know ASAP. That way we can fix it. Thank you.

The following planets are now available for requests to switch.

- Alsakan
- Bothuwai
- Christophsis
- Ciutric Hegemony
- Commenor
- Corellia
- Duro
- Herglic Space
- Kamino
- Lianna
- Metellos
- Rendili
- Ryloth
- Tallaan
- Tepasi
- Tion Hegemony
- Zeltros

If you feel I have removed you in error, or you are now active and weren't previously, please message me as soon as possible. If you would like to switch into one of these planets, please message me. As a note, I am not approving switches if you've dug yourself into a hole and are just trying to get out of it. But if you started on a lower tier planet and have done well, and want to move up, now is the time. I have highlighted planets that I think are particularly important for your consideration.

• 2 weeks later...

Due to continual complaints, from multiple individuals both in the player community and staff; as well as at least one person resigning from their planet over his continued behavior; Moose has been banned. This was a unanimous decision by the Administrators, and took into account input from current and past moderators. This was not a decision we undertook lightly.

In happier news, please welcome Redhunter to the Moderator Team.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings fellow gentle beings of Star Wars Diplomacy. There is a new standard in place, as far as Reverse Engineering is concerned:

Units RE'd smaller than a capital ship (corvettes and above) will not run the risk of detection, barring special circumstances.

Units RE'd that are a capital ship size (corvettes and above) will run the risk of alerting the original owners if nothing is done to effectively hide the operation.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feel free to consult with a staff member if there are any questions/concerns.

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to take a moment to bring the community up to speed on our staffing situation. 

I remain the lead site Administrator at this time but am not actively involved in processing actions. Most of my time is taken supporting other game staff, answering questions, developing game content, and acting as a neutral arbiter when necessary. 

Shadows is also stepping back from active action processing. He remains a key Advisor for game staff and is involved in game development. 

Our primary staff for action processing are @redhunter, @Marcus Darkstar, and @Proxy Moxie. If you have questions about actions, particularly one that was previously being handled by a different staff member, they are your go to team. 

If you have free time and are interested in joining that team. Let any of us know.

At this time the 3 action limit remains in place and all news article requirements remain as previously posted. 

While not a bug, we have identifier a recurring problem where several players viewing information on the game website see erroneous information. Specifically information that game logs confirm to be different from what they see. The difference being that the information they see was accurate before game data uploads were completed before the round started. 

We believe that this may be related to website cookies located on your personal devices and recommend that it might be worth reviewing your cookies to ensure you are viewing the most recent version of this website. 

As I said, this is not a bug, and the information on the website remains correct - but only if you view the most recent version of the website. If you view old versions of our game data you may see information that was edited before the game round started and is no longer considered game accurate. 

Thus far we have only encountered this situation with two players and in relation to planet pages. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me directly. 

• 3 weeks later...

The Game Clock is paused.  Actions are Closed.  Do Not Submit Budgets at this time.  Staff will work to resolve all open actions, particularly Econ Actions prior to opening budgets, so that all game statistics are up to date.  We will update you when it is time to submit budgets.

• 2 weeks later...

Org Taxes have been processed.  Be advised that this was done before budgets were processed which may have cause some planet treasuries to go into negative values.  Normally this would be penalized - but in this case staff have been advised to ignore negative treasuries until after budgets are finalized. So don't worry about negative balances until after budgets are processed. 

If during budget processing you notice that your budget will include a continued negative treasury balance - that is also acceptable.  Please reach out to me at the time you submit your budget and I'll work with you to process a loan or other corrective budget action.

Advanced Reactor Technology mechanics have been implemented and retro-actively added to some designs that were designed by planets with said technology. 

Due to the previous vague and non-descript benefits of the technology It has been decided to apply mechanical benifits to the technology after the fact. The Mod Team has decided Advanced Reactor Technology will apply a -10% Base Price and -10% Upkeep to Capital ship designs applied with the technology. This is to represent more fueled efficient reactors and reactors with better miniaturization (providing more power with smaller reactors essentially). It's not applicable to non-capital ship designs. Starfighters use fuel and smaller power plants, vehicles mostly use batteries etc. 

• 2 months later...

As previously announced in Discord chat, this game round has come to an end.  There was insufficient interest or activity among game staff to continue the round.  A poll has been posted to solicit player feedback on the time period and theme of the next game round.  Staff are presently being recruited to work on the restart and anyone interested in helping should contact ether Shadows or myself.

• 1 month later...

An official updated Re: The Restart

Ladies and gentlemen, it is with great pleasure that I announce to you that the restart is close. All that remains now is to perform data entry for our planets, finish up units, and write the Republic Constitution. The staff are actively working on it as we speak. The game clock has been updated and our official start time is Month 1, 50 BBY.

While I am not comfortable giving us a solid start date, I am comfortable with saying planet applications will be open within the next 1 to 2 weeks. Get your options ready and start getting excited.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Planet Applications are now OPEN!!!

Please DM me your application. Include your top 3 choices. If you want to give me a little rundown of your general plan for the round, then please include them in the application. If the planet you want is not on the list, please send it and I will evaluate it for adding it to the game round.

Now the big thing... these planet pages may not be perfect. A lot of the numbers were randomly generated, and may be imperfect. If you see any issues with your planet, from economic concerns, military statistics, etc please post them in the "Planet-Page-Isses" thread on Discord or DM me directly. Due to this, and the fact that we have not added starting militaries, I want you all to be aware that this does not mean we are starting this weekend. I have hopes that within two weeks we will be officially starting.

Finally, an announcement... since this is an Old Republic round, it felt weird to not have a Jedi player. I picked Phil/CD to be the Jedi player and we've just been quiet about it. Congratulate your new Jedi overlord.

• 2 weeks later...

To continue our attempts at preventing Moderator burn out, we will be keeping some of the rules for action submitting from last round. The key of this rule is as follows...

Does the action effect only planets within my Sector?

If yes: Then you need to write an article and post it in your PBC before you submit it. Throw the link in the article box. This is universal for DPOL actions, 50/50 on ECON actions, and 90% of Military actions.

If no: Then the Moderator will post the article. It is encouraged to have a draft article or at least key points in the article section. This is almost all GPOL actions, the 10% of military actions that involve other worlds, and half the ECON actions.

Tech and Intelligence do not require articles to be posted, though you are encouraged to do so for Techs to earn DP and brownie points.

Some examples:

- Training new military units = PBC article

- Deploying troops outside the sector = Holonet article

- Developing infrastructure = PBC article

- Small business loans = PBC article

- Founding a new Galactic Bank = Holonet article

If in doubt, we will not fault you and might even reward you for doing a PBC article preemptively.

To follow the same theme, we will have a 4 (FOUR) action limit, with no more than 2 actions in one category. We may revise this once we see our workload. As with before, once you are informed that results will come on X day or they are immediately given, that action no longer counts towards the queue. 

There seems to have been some slight confusion about the TPC construction rules which perhaps might have been unclear nuance.  I have made adjustments to make it clearer and more defined.  Since no TPC construction action has been fully processed, this effects all current TPC construction actions in the cue and all future ones.

I want to remind everyone... we have every intention to make this a long round. If everyone shoots their shot with tech we will have nothing to do one year 5 or 10 or 15. I want everyone to think about designing base level units that are actually appropriate for this time period and then plan out how you will refit them down the line. If we continue to see tech actions that are pushing every envelope in the time period, we will start simply kicking them back.

Please use a current IG ship, from the same category, to use as comparison when designing a unit.  If there isn't one, then go to the nearest ship or ask for assistance.  Then also when selecting that unit, don't pick the highest stat'd one and then go 30-50-100% over stats, I'm either going to reject that out of hand, or prototypes are going to end up in the hands of Pie-Rats or start 'sploding, or any number of other maladies. 

Furthermore on the issue of being compliant with the Ruusan Reformations, I am not going to enforce said reforms on any design as a matter of processing.  I will inform you that your ship is not compliant and you make the choice to continue or alter the design to become compliant.  You have every right to design an illegal ship, you don't have the right to be immune to IG consequences.

Spreadsheet completion dates are a little wonky, so we are doing our best to guesstimate finishing times if they are off.  These are just reasonable assumptions and it is better for all of us to just go with the flow.

Weapon Outputs are static on the spreadsheet, but I have the ability to override the static output if need be.  However I am going to be severely restrictive in my approval to override outputs as it can unbalance the Unit List.  This is also because a weapon that is not a single barreled emplacement, Duals, Trip's, Quads, etc... do not change the output of the emplacement but it does change the rate of fire and overall ship's firepower score.  In essence, GT output is "per barrel" and if I override it than that means your weapon emplacement is over 200 GT per barrel.

Please put your Research Rate on your TECH actions, this saves me valuable time processing.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1