The Rendili Telegraph (TRT)

Mortel

Stardate: Month 1, Day 1, 50 BBY, 1:05:00 
Occasion: First meeting of the Imperial and Royal Council in the new year.
Source: An excerpt from Count Andrássy's personal diary. 

The Emperor's daily meetings with the Council started at 5 AM since the beginning of Franz Joseph's reign some 2 standard years earlier, but still, as Count Andrássy looked around in the ornate room which was decorated with the finest gold from Recopia, he found several members of the Council.......lacking. In the back of the room stood the "Enforcers", as the Emperor jokingly called the leadership of the Rendili Armed Forces, albeit "stood" is a generous word, seen as two of the three commanders actually sat on the finely crafted chairs of the room. Radetzky due to his advanced age (with his 64 years, he was the oldest member of the Council), and Tegetthoff due to the fact that his aides had to use radiolocation on his communicator to find him in one of the bars of the spaceport just an hour before the meeting in the midst of a wresting match with a wookie. Apparently, "he was winning", and punched his aides several times when they tried to lead him away to the speeder. The only "Enforcer" standing was the youngest of them, the newly appointed Brumowski, a protege of the Emperor, who saw himself in the young man and loved to reminisce about his (long gone) days as a fighter pilot.

Further inwards into the room, next to the fireplace sat Highborn Kolowrat-Liebsteinsky and Lord Szlávy, chatting away about some pointless theater performance they saw the night before with their lovers female companions, a lovely Devaronian and an even lovelier Twi'lek respectively. But the real heavy hitters stood by the great window with a view to the Capitolium, almost right in the door. Arch-Provost Bengila Urlan and Prince Metternich hated each other with every fiber of their being, but the Emperor was able to use this to use this to the betterment of Rendili, making them compete in almost everything. Word is on the streets, Bengila Urlan actually cried from joy when he was able to metaphorically banish Metternich to the Galactic Senate on Coruscant, far from the political elite of Rendili. Metternich, however, was not a man to give up, Andrássy was sure he already made powerful allies on the ecumenopolis. 

800px-Ferenc_Jozsef_es_Tisza_Istvan.jpg

Artists rendition of a meeting between the Emperor and Count Andrássy, sometime in 50 BBY.

We didn't need to wait much, as the Emperor soon stormed in with a wide smile on his face loudly greeting everyone in the room as he took his place at the head of the table, inviting the members of the Council to sit down as well. After a round of obligatory reports on the news of the sector, the discussion soon turned to Metternich's impending departure to the Galactic Senate, as the Emperor provided him with the basic indicators to this years intergalactic policies. "The work efficiency of the Senate is crucial for the Republic, and the existence of the Republic is crucial not only for the Core, but for the galaxy as a whole. We need to preserve that at all costs." After loudly agreeing, the Imperial and Royal Council soon dissolved itself, and its members left the room one-by-one, but not before wishing Prince Metternich a great journey to Coruscant. The last to leave was the Emperor himself, with a small, little smile under his mustache. He knew that the future of the Rendili Sector was in steady hands, and that this weird group of misfits will succeed in leading Rendili towards a brighter future in the Galaxy. 

Edited by Mortel

•  Mortel changed the title to The Rendili Telegraph (TRT)

Stardate: Month 1, Day 1, 50 BBY, 18:52:00 
Occasion: The meeting of the Imperial and Royal Council upon the prospect of the expansion of the Rendili StarDrive.

"Only through my dead body!" - rang out the baritone voice of Lord Szlávy in the room. Arch-Provost Bengila Urlan loudly sighed as he leaned back in his chair, with the most bored expression on his face that is humanly possible to produce. 
"My dear Szlávy, you know as well as I do, that this proposed expansion of our shipyards will not only offer further jobs opportunities, but enlarge the sector’s potential income by offering a quick service to any parties interested in purchasing ships from the renowned Rendili StarDrives." - his tone was completely calm, as the Arch-Provost looked straight into the Finance Minister's eyes, making the outraged and frightfully red Szlávy shut himself up with his glance. Andrássy sometimes had serious doubts that the old man's blood pressure was still within the healthy parameters.
"My lords, my lords" - silenced his ministers the Emperor - "even though said expansion will cost us dearly, it is one that is absolutely crucial to keep the Rendili StarDrives, and by extension, our sector relevant. I will hear of it no more!"

Edited by Mortel

Stardate: Month 1, Day 1, 50 BBY, 1:55:00 
Occasion: The meeting of the Imperial and Royal Council upon the establishment of RSTC.

"Onto greener pastures my lords." - said the Emperor after silence finally fell over the room, and Szlávy's face regained a more-or-less healthy color - "I've noticed a severe lack of, how to say this.... daring among our pilots. Sure, they can do maneuvres as well as any seasoned air taxi driver from Coruscant, but they are a far cry from what we've seen in the Mandalorian Civil War, or in the Andoan Wars. Hell, I flew better in my days than these young boys. Present company obviously excluded. - said Franz Joseph after giving a nod to Air Commodore Brumowski who in turn started to speak.
"The problem is indeed obvious to anyone with such a good eye and as much expertise as our beloved Emperors. A proposal has already been drawn up to resolve this issue, - said the Air Commodore as he placed a holoprojector in the middle of the table - let me introduce the gentlemen to the RSTC!" 
The awaited burst of applause failed to materialize as the simplest building Andrássy ever saw appeared on the table. Calling it a concrete block would be an insult to said concrete block. It had a single gate, and above that four simple words: "Rendili Starfighter Training Centre". And that's it.
"If I may ask my young colleague - Szlávy was the first to broke the silence - why is the price to establish such a, let's just say visually lacking, centre so high? I think it's clear to everyone in this room, that none of the budget went to the ornamentation and yet, the number I see on my holopad almost rivals that of what the Arch-Provost demanded from the treasury."
"Well, - started Brumowski - the RSTC will be equipped with state of the art............(the excerpt unfortunately seems to end here).

Edited by Mortel

Stardate: Month 1, Day 12, 50 BBY, 14:47:00 
Occasion: The report of Prince Metternich to the Imperial and Royal Council.

"It was like watching two Jedi dueling in the Senate chamber, your Majesty. The representatives of the Duluur and Alsakan Sectors parried each other's suggestions and counterattacked with sharpest sarcasm I’ve ever experienced within the walls of such an important institution.” - reported the hologram of Prince Metternich to the Imperial and Royal Council. 
“What about the rampant piracy on the Outer Rim? Was that discussed?” - asked the Emperor.
“Unfortunately no, sire. But as per your orders, I contacted the representative of the Seswenna Sector, and through him, the leadership of the Outland Regions Security Force. They are ready to welcome our soldiers as officers to serve with them, and help solve the problems of the Galaxy not with their empty words, but with their actions.”
“Good, good” - answered the Emperor - “if no one else, Rendili will aid the fight against the pirates.” 
“Finally,” - woke up from his slumber Commander Radetzky - “in my book, experience outranks everything. Our troops need to feel the taste of blood, I had enough of these armchair generals.” -Andrássy couldn’t stop smirking a little. The most action Radetzky experienced was during the Trade Conflicts some 19 years ago as a Judicial Major, when his humanitarian convoy was mistakenly ambushed by Rodian rebels - “My dear Tegetthoff, make sure to give them enough protection, and ask for the assistance of local Judiciary forces en route to ensure their safety.”

Stardate: Month 1, Day 17, 50 BBY, 15:30:00 
Occasion: The meeting of the Imperial and Royal Council upon the establishment of Rendili Trading Company.

“After the last several days of discussions on spending, I would like to propose an idea to gather, and not lose credits for one.” - started his speech Lord Szlávy - “If your Majesty would be as kind as to issue an Imperial and Royal Charter, the Rendili Trading Company could be established already this week. The Rendili Sector’s position is quite beneficial from a commercial aspect, as both the Corellian Run, and the Hydian Way hyperspace routes run through our beloved sector, which allows us to greatly expand our commercial reach, thereby increasing the income of wealth into the sector." 
“And said company would be under your personal supervision, right?” - asked Arch-Provost Urlan with a smug expression on his face. 
Yes, yes it would” - answered the Finance Minister with a vein already throbbing on his forehead - “but its accounting data would be available to everyone with a Q clearance or higher. It would be open to inquiries, unlike your property declaration Arch-Provost.” - talked back Szlávy to his colleague. 
I will issue the charter,” - prevented the Emperor a possible shouting match - “but I fully expect the RTC to have an immaculate accounting.” 
“It will be done, your majesty.”
- answered Szlávy.

Edited by Mortel

Stardate: Month 1, Day 24 50 BBY, 5:25:00 
Occasion: The meeting of the Imperial and Royal Council about the anti-corruption campaign.

“As we know, crime does not often stay on one side of a sector's borders. And with the Senate debating the future scope of the Judicial Department, now seems prudent to discuss security and crime in the Arrowhead.” - said the hologram of Albeange Wilbrin, Prime Minister of Axum on the pre-recorded message to the Imperial and Royal Council of Rendili. Jedi Master Plo Koon followed:
“Your request is a most pressing one for the Jedi and we would be happy to send several Jedi Masters and Knights to help you accomplish such a goal. (...) We would, however, like to establish an outpost on Rendili and if funds could be provided for that then we could maintain a constant presence on your planet and combat corruption.” 
His words were followed with silence, as everyone in the room understood how important the proposal is. The Emperor was the first to break said silence.
“Any objections as to our participation in this cooperation?” - None came, so the Emperor turned back to the holograms. - “Thank you gentlemen, for your cooperation, and thank you my dear Metternich for making our need known to our friends.”  - The hologram of Prince Metternich bowed his head towards the ruler of Rendili. 
“Well, I’ve enlisted the help of the local Judicial Forces,” - interrupted Arch-Provost Urlan - “to aid us in this undertaking.” 
Andrássy wondered how a holo-call to the local Judiciaires is at all comparable to achieving the cooperation of the Jedi Order.  
“Very well gentlemen,” - finished Franz Joseph the discussion - “I’m glad you are all this active in getting rid of this scourge of our world, corruption. May we be successful.”

Edited by Mortel

Stardate: Month 1, Day 35, 50 BBY, 11:14:00 
Location: Onboard the RAF "Sankt Elisabeth" in Rendili space, Main Hangar
Occasion: The final test of the Rendili StarDrive's new FT-9 Thunderbolt-class

I've never liked spaceships. I could do nothing, but listen to the creaking and clicking of this huge Inexpugnable-class vessel, the so-called "Sankt Elisabeth", as we waited for Air Commodore Brumowski to join us. Thankfully, we needn't wait for long, as he soon zoomed (I'm sure Commodore Tegetthoff knows the specific verb, but alas' I'm not interested enough to ask) into the Main Hangar. As he stopped his plane in front out the Imperial and Royal Council, and climbed out of the cockpit, the Emperor quickly rushed ahead to greet him.
"My dear Brumowski!" - he said, already examining the new plane - "How was the flight?"

Thunderbolt.jpgr
A flight of the new  FT-9 Thunderbolt fighters somewhere over Rendili, Month 1, Day 35, 50 BBY.

"Majestic sir! Simply majestic." - the Emperor was unable to look at him, as he was already in front of the plane, looking at it's weaponry. Brumowski continued - "She is just as maneuverable as her predecessor, the FT-8, but she is faster, sturdier and way better equipped to face her enemies." - he slapped the side of the aircraft - "This bad girl can fit so many weapons on her."
"Good, good" - answered the Emperor as he turned to me - "tell your engineers what a great job they did my dear Andrássy. They have my personal thanks, as do you." At this moment, the whole space sickness thing felt like it was worth it.

Edited by Mortel

Stardate: Month 2, Day 30, 50 BBY, 12:28:00 
Occasion: The meeting of the Imperial and Royal Council about the new training regime of the RAF

“If I may, sir” - started Radetzky as all the other Councilmen focused their attention on him - “much like our pilots were given extra training a while back, our troops on the ground are also in sore need of some." He said, as his aids handed out holopads to the members of the Council. 
"I have worked out a plan to do precisely that, and if you would humour me for a moment and turn to page 324 of my proposal on your holopads, you should be able to see, that as it’s outlined in Appendix 63 Section B, the success of the undertaking will rise in contrast to the leave given out to the troops, especially if we factor in the possibility of interorganizational cooperation between the different branches of the RAF. This could be done in several ways, including training for peacekeeping missions on the narrow interiors of a spaceship, gathering information on specific targets, and eliminating threats as quickly as possible by different means. The work of the instructors will be aided by the Rendili veterans of the anti-piracy operations of the Outland Regions Security Force, and other elements, such as…….” (the excerpt thankfully seems to end here).

Stardate: Month 3, Day 21, 50 BBY, 21:29:00 
Occasion: The daily meeting ot the Imperial and Royal Council

“Can we do something about our dwindling population?” - asked the Emperor. The silence that followed became quite awkward by the time I realized the social developments fall under the Ministry of Research and Development. Ergo Andrássy.
“Oooh, well, if Lord Szlávy’s treasury is ready to sacrifice about ten trillion credits, we could start the trial run of our new social support system." - Andrássy answered as he desperately tried to remember that test program that an unnoticable aide briefed him on, a few days back - "This would enable us to support those families who have 3 or more children, thereby increasing our population’s growth. The volume of the support will increase according to the number of children the family has.” 
“Very well,” - answered the Emperor - “Szlávy, make sure that the program has the necessary funding.”

Stardate: Month 3, Day 30, 50 BBY, 22:34:00 
Occasion: The report of Prince Metternich on the death of Senator Sahsinchei’D’vaallir

“With a lightsaber?” - burst the question out of the Emperor as the members of the Imperial and Royal Council started to whisper among themselves.
“Allegedly sire,” - answered the hologram of Prince Metternich, seemingly still in shock - “allegedly. The authorities still haven’t concluded their investigation. They likely won’t do so soon either, as there is quite the dispute between the new Devaronian senator and the Jedi as to the jurisdiction.”
“Could it be?” - Asked Highborn Kolowrat-Liebsteinsky, Minister of Sector Affairs - “Could it be that it was committed by them? The Jedi? Or even worse, the Si-”
At this moment the Emperor jumped up from his chair.
“One more word, and you are in need of a new job, ney, a new Sector to live in Kolowrat!” - As he sat down, the angry wrinkles disappeared from his forehead - “The Jedi are nothing short of the saviors of this galaxy, their sacrifices in the New Sith Wars ensured this position for them. Remember Lord Hoth and his Army of the Light, and never dare to even insinuate such a blasphemy again. Anybody can get a lightsaber for the right price, if he knows where to ask for it. As to the mention of Those Who Must Not Be Named, they were wiped out to the last on that very planet, Ruusan, that saw the birth of this very Galactic Republic. That’s that.” - silence followed.
“I must also report to your majesty,” - Metternich lowered his voice as if he wasn’t sure whether to mention the following or not - ”there were even multiple mentions, I dare not to say threats, of war. A general uneasiness can be felt in the Senate, most of us tremble for our lives, and see assassins in every shadow.”
“That will not do my dear prince,” - answered the Emperor as he gestured to the doorman to let someone in - “that will absolutely not do. Let me introduce Colonel Rudolf Stöger-Steiner to you and the Council.” - An older gentleman of sturdy build, and a signature look of superiority approached the Council, saluted “the enforcers”, and bowed towards the Emperor. 

1280px-Rudolf_Stöger-Steiner_von_Steinstätten.jpg

The only known holopic of Colonel Rudolf Stöger-Steiner, taken somewhere around 50BBY. 

The Emperor continued - “The Colonel is the head of the recently resurrected Imperial and Royal Evidence Bureau. Their main objective is to identify those who wish to harm Rendili and its assets, and act accordingly to defend them, within the confines of their Royal Charter. The bureau collects intelligence of strategic relevance from various sources into daily reports to me personally. From now on, they will also be responsible to ensure the safety of our diplomats and delegates, such as yourself. Don’t worry Prince, Rendili looks out for its own.“

Edited by Mortel

• 2 weeks later...

Stardate: Month 4, Day 20, 50 BBY, 9:18:00 

“Just tell me Arch-Provost, how much?” - asked Szlávy. Andrássy could hear the pain in his voice, as if every expenditure came out of his own pocket, rather than the treasury of the sector.
“Two trillion.” - answered the director of the Rendili StarDrive. Szlávy didn’t even answer, just sat back into his chair with an emotionless expression on his face.
“Well, what do we get in exchange for this?” - asked the Emperor, to which Arch-Provost Urlan quickly answered - “A further expansion of the factories of the subsidiaries of the Rendili StarDrive. It won’t directly affect our production capacity output, but it will certainly help the sector to achieve financial growth. It will also help to stabilize our material inflow by establishing warehouses for the suppliers of the Rendili StarDrive, which will help smoothen production and thereby result in the greater satisfaction of our customer base. In addition the expansion will also aid the economic reach of our Rendili Trading Company, by offering a greater supply of trade goods for its customers.”
“Go ahead then” - nodded the Emperor - “go ahead. The importance of the Rendili StarDrive and the Rendili Trading Company can not be overstated.”

Stardate: Month 4, Day 21, 50 BBY, 7:48:00 
Occasion: The meeting of the Imperial and Royal Council upon the incident of the RAF Monarch
Source: An excerpt from Count Andrássy's personal dia

“13 wounded crewmen, 5 destroyed astromechs and the starboard engine of the RAF Monarch has been knocked out for at least a month.” - reported Fabricator-General Wolfgang Kempelen, Sub-Director of Section 12 of the Rendili StarDrive to the Imperial and Royal Council.
“All that loss for a single loose artillery shell?” - asked the stunned Emperor.
“The arms resupply of our warships is a very-very dangerous operation if one doesn’t have appropriate skills.” The frustration could be heard in the baritone voice of Admiral Tegetthoff, as he glanced towards Arch-Provost Bengila Urlan.
“I refuse the accusation,” - answered the Arch-Provost - “especially from a man of your caliber.” “
A man of my caliber? How dare you! I hereby challenge you to a duel to the dea-”
“Enough!”
- rang out the voice of the Emperor in the Council’s chamber - “Enough. Seen as this is the third such incident in the month, albeit the biggest by far, we clearly have a problem on our hands. A problem that affects our Navy as much as our StarDrive employees. Both of your men need further training, this situation is unsustainable. Can we modify the extra training program that the Army uses to be useful for our naval crews?”
“Uhm, well, certainly sir." 
- answered Marshal Radetzky - "With the cooperation of these two duellists, we will be able to prepare them for the difficulties that they will have to face.”

• 2 weeks later...

Stardate: Month 5, Day 35, 50 BBY, 22:15:00 
Occasion: The meeting of the Imperial and Royal Council upon the expansion of the Rendili Trading Company

“An expansion of this size for the Rendili Trading Company is frankly unprecedented in our recent history” - said the Emperor, as he studied the holopad Szlávy just gave him. 
"Without a doubt” - said the finance minister, praising his good luck that the always-smug, and frankly disagreeable Arch-Provost Bengila Urlan wasn’t able to make it to the meeting - “however the projected returns are almost as unprecedented. If they are to be believed, of course.” “
The protection of these assets will also put a strain on the Home Defense Fleet.”
- mumbled Tegetthoff, who looked like he just got up minutes before the meeting. His untidy uniform certainly looked the part. - “However, I do believe we will be able to ensure their safety, with the proper financial support, of course.”
“And the negotiations?”
- asked the Emperor Metternich’s holographic projection.
“They are going along fine sire. Albeit it’s quite the challenge to please the Exodeenians in particular. I’ve never met a race with such a high standard for food, roasted meat in particular. I’m afraid I’ll have to hire several new chefs if I want the negotiations to be satisfactory for us.”

Stardate: Month 6, Day 28, 50 BBY, 9:20:00 
Occasion: The meeting of the Imperial and Royal Council upon the the crackdown on corruption.

"Up to some 10% of the sector's annual revenue routinely vanishes between being collected by the system and being added to the treasury. This can have a crippling effect on the sectors economy in the long run, but more importantly, this is nothing but blatant thievery, that should not, and will not be tolerated as long as I am at the head of the Evidence Bureau” - reported Colonel Rudolf Stöger-Steiner.
“While I do appreciate the Colonel’s enthusiasm,” - answered Szlávy with a resentful tone - “I can assure the Council, and in particular your majesty, that nobody in the finance ministry is stealing. It would be quite unethical, and frankly impossible to imagine that somebody would do such an egregious thing.” 
“What of the 200 quadrillion credits then?” - asked Bengila Urlan, his colleague - “You know my dear Szlávy, credits don't just grow little itsy bitsy legs and walk away. Especially not 200 quadrillion of them.” 
“As unsettling as that visual image is,” - interrupted them the Emperor - “the issue is quite serious, and will have to be rectified. Preferably before the start of the new financial year. Colonel, you hereby have full authority to question, if need be, interrogate members of the finance ministry, purchase droids to aid the search and utilize the help of the Rendili Regional Criminal Intelligence Resource Center. Oh, and don’t forget to use accountants. We need to find the leaks, not beat up the corrupt individuals. These are respected Rendili civilians, not your average pirates. Treat them as such.”

Le_Petit_Journal_-_Suicide_of_Alfred_Redl_1913_(cropped).jpg

Colonel Rudolf Stöger-Steiner and two of his aides on their way to interrogate members of the Rendili Ministry of Finance, taken in the last months of 50BBY. 

• 2 weeks later...

Stardate: Month 8, Day 7, 50 BBY, 10:25:00 
Occasion: The meeting of the Imperial and Royal Council upon the election of Prince Metternich onto the Judicial Council of the Galactic Senate

"It was honestly quite touching my liege," - reported the hologram of Prince Metternich - "senator after senator stood up, and offered their support to my appointment to the Judicial Council. They gave me their trust, I can only hope I will be able rose to the occasion and serve the Republic to the best of my abilities."
The slow clap of Arch-Provost Bengila Urlan followed, as he drew attention to himself, and diverted it from Metternich.
"Now, that we have all indulged the Senator with our praises, may I divert the Council's attention to more, let's just say crucial, matters? I have just read the financial report of the Rendili Vehicle Corporation for the quarterly budget meeting, and the conclusions are embarrassing at the least. The Sub-Director of Section 9 of the Rendili StarDrive a.k.a the Rendili Vehicle Corporation, Fabricator-General Miksa Déri reportedly spent 30 billion on his department. This amount, albeit I'm sure greatly pleases Lord Szlávy, is barely enough to keep the lights on. That reminds me, where is our bearded colleague?"
"Unfortunately, the Minister of Finance is still a possible suspect in an active investigation," - answered the Emperor - "and as long as Colonel Stöger-Steiner doesn't clear him completely, he won't be attending our meetings. Now back to the Rendili Vehicle Corporation...."
"Ah yes," - continued Bengila Urlan - "after careful personal investigation of both the records and the facilities of Section 9, me and my staff has decided that serious investments are needed into the Rendili Vehicle Corporation to improve it's output, and in particular, it's research department. I need Count Andrássy's help to revitalize Section 9's research department, but most importantly, with the absence of Lord Szlávy, I need your Majesty's permission to greenlight the allocation of the funds." 
"You shall have it." - closed Franz Joseph the discussion.

Edited by Mortel

Stardate: Month 8, Day 18, 50 BBY, 1:05:00 

“....and so I hereby declare Baron Tegetthoff a High Commander of the Grand Army of the Republic.” - finished the hologram of Supreme Commander Kray Ackbar his pre-recorded speech. The Baron adjusted his dress uniform, - a welcome change to his usual shabbiness - and cleared his throat to start his long acceptance speech if not for the Arch-Provost who abbreviated the whole process by taking advantage of this small pause.
“I think we can all thank the Supreme Commander for choosing one of our very own, but not to be distracted, our beloved Sector still has economic needs that have to be met. My dear Prince,” - he spat out the words, as if they burned his lips - “how are your negotiations with the Exodeenian delegation?”
“Surprisingly successful Arch-Provost,” - answered the newly appointed member of the Galactic Senate Military and Justice Council - “Senator G’yet Zoore and his government has agreed to allow the Rendili Trading Company to heavily invest in the system’s economy, with special attention to be paid to the region's trade, so the export of a variety of local products from the systems trading consortiums will soon hit Rendili, and through them, galactic markets.”

Stardate: Month 8, Day 20, 50 BBY, 13:34:00 
Occasion: The daily meeting ot the Imperial and Royal Council

“No, just no. Unless specifically ordered by the Emperor himself, I, as Minister of Finance, can not sanction such an expenditure.” - answered Lord Szlávy to the joint proposal of Arch-Provost Urlan and Baron Tegetthoff - “If the 8 quadrillion was unimaginable that we spent on the Rendili Trading Company, which, I might add, will make said amount of money back in two years, according to the projections, then this is simply insane. I can’t, I just can’t.”
“Come on now, my dear Szlávy”
- addressed him the Arch-Provost in a flattering tone - “you know as well as I do, that there is a very thin line between insanity and genius. This plan is, without a doubt, genius. These pre-agreed contracts with the suppliers of the Rendili Stardrive and the Rendili Armed Forces, as well as the new suppliers will ensure a steady supply of strategic materiel into the sector unless something catastrophic happens either to us, or to them. In the event of such an occurrence we would have bigger problems than to worry about supplies anyways. It’s not my problem you can’t see it my dear.”
“But that amount of credits will seriously affect the….”
- his objection was cut in half by the calm voice of the Emperor.
“As I have previously stated several times within the walls of this very room, the importance of the Rendili Stardrive is paramount, as is the importance of the Rendili Armed Forces. If you, Lord Szlávy would be kind enough to elaborate on the details with the Arch-Provost, work out the nick-nacks of this proposal, I’m sure a compromise can be reached. A compromise has to be reached, you have my order.”
“Understood your Majesty.”
- answered the two councilmen. 

• 4 weeks later...

The battle for Arkania, 50 BBY

Source: From Mortel von Ungarn’s “Military History of Rendili” pages 215-217.

After the 7th Battle of Ruusan and the sacrifice of Lord Hoth and his Army of the Light, no major conflict worthy of the pages of this book took place that involved the men and women of Rendili. Following 950 years of insignificant patrols and hyperlane disputes however, the newly appointed Supreme Commander of the revived Grand Army of the Republic, Kray Ackbar turned to the Lord Admiral Baron Tegetthoff, Commander-in-Chief of the Rendili Armed Forces-Home Defense Fleet, and High Commander of the Grand Army of the Republic. According to the archives of the GAR, the RAF was asked to commit a battlegroup to ensure the security of the Arkanian Dominion, which was to be reinforced by 15 heavy cruisers and more than 500 starfighters of the GAR, about a third of the total force. They were to be supported by the 5 heavy cruisers, 25 cruisers and 40 frigates of the Dominion Defense Force. The commander of operation “Snow Queen” was Admiral Horthy, a personal friend and former aide-de-camp of Emperor Franz Joseph I, with Marshal Schwarzenberg in command of the battlegroup’s army and Air Vice-Marshal Arigi in command of the battlegroup’s air force. The flagship of the operation was to be the newly refitted Inexpugnable II-class Tactical Command Ship, the RAF “Viribus Unitis”.

BG1N.jpg                                BG1L.jpg                                BG1A.jpg

Admiral Horthy                                                             Marshal Schwarzenberg                                                      Air Vice-Marshal Arigi
             Commander of the battlegroup's fleet                            Commander of the battlegroup's army                          Commander of the battlegroup's air force

The combined Coalition battlegroup left the Rendili Sector around Day 9 of Month 9, and moved along the Hydian Way to Arkania. While traveling, the Rendili and Republic crews familiarized themselves with one another, traded thousands of years old war stories, played cards and dejarik and perhaps most importantly, synchronized their tactical procedures. However, an air of anxiety could be felt all along the fleet, as this was the biggest deployment of RAF forces ever since the days of the New Sith Wars. The journey took approximately 9 Galactic Standard days, but not even that time was enough to prepare the battleship for what awaited them on Arkania. Now we turn to the memoirs of Marshal Schwarzenberg, who was on the bridge of the RAF “Viribus Unitis” at the time.
“We thought we were assigned to a peacekeeping operation on Arkania, but as the fleet jumped out of hyperspace, we found ourselves in the middle of a bloody battle. The sensors and the holochannels were almost overwhelmed by tens of thousands of signal codes of an unknown source and of varying strength, somewhat similar to droid signals. In the airspace of Arkania a large scale haywire dogfight was fought between unknown numbers of starfighters, as large scale explosions on the ground illuminated their silhouettes. But nothing was as bad as the pure chaos of the commchannels, there was absolutely zero radio discipline on either side. Oh, and the fleet of the Dominion Defense Force? Nowhere to be seen.*
“Well gentlemen," - spoke up Admiral Horthy amidst this chaos - it appears they’ve started the ball without us. Master Chief Beck, if you would be as kind…..”
”With pleasure sire, - answered the fleet master chief petty officer before he took a deep breath, and shouted - Battlestations! Battlestations! All hands man your battle stations. The route of travel is forward and up to starboard, down and aft to port. Set material condition 'Zebra' throughout the ship.”” 

sw-kotor-13-18-057hun.jpg

The Combined GAR-RAF Battlegroup over Arkania, 50 BBY.

His noise rang through the bridge, and relayed via the crew's battlecries throughout the ship, and to the whole battlegroup through the transmission system. The deployment of the battlegroup’s air force was a surprisingly quick affair, as within 15 minutes of the call for general quarters, the more than 1,500 starfighters of the fleet left their hangars and deployed into battle formation. Communication with the Arkanian Dominion’s was impossible to establish due to jamming by the Renegade forces, so a Defender-class Corvette, the RAF “Novara” was sent down to Adascopolis to establish connection between the battlegroup and the Dominion. The flight of the “Novara” was secured by Delta Wing of the battlegroup's air force. The cockpit voice recorder of the Novara offers unique insight into what happened next.

”This is Captain Weissewolf of the RAF Novara trying to contact Adascopolis Flight Command. Adascopolis Flight Command do you copy? I repeat, this is Captain Weissewolf of the RAF Novara trying to contact Adascopolis Flight Command. Adascopolis Flight Command do you copy?”
A few seconds passed in silence, as the captain waited for the answer, which never came. The next one we can hear speaking is his second-in-command, petty officer Grauvieh.
“Six, eight, no, twelve incoming signals on the radar sir. They are closing in rapidly in an echelon formation.” 

dfabzv1-18e4a8d1-1747-4eea-af3d-182ec52a6f0b.jpg

The RAF "Novara" during it's descent towards Adascopolis, as seen from one of the PT-8 Lightnings of Delta Wing.

The sound of Weissewolf can be heard again on the record.
“Wing Commander Adler, are you with us?” The smooth voice of Adler can be heard, as he answered eagerly through the radio:
“Yes, captain. But I have to tell you, I’m only authorized to engage once fired upon.”
“Sir! Incoming proton torpedoes on the portside.” Grauvieh told his captain, who calmly addressed Adler again.
“Well Wing Commander, I believe this is your cue. Have a good hunt!”
“Thank you Captain. Delta Wing, on me! Show these frickers what the Rendili flyboys are capable of!”

By all accounts, the dogfight was quick and decisive. The brand new PT-8 Lightnings simply obliterated any opposition they found within minutes, and their effect was only increased when the remaining 10 wings of the battlegroup’s air force joined in. Rendili pilots fought side by side with their Republic colleagues, establishing undisputed air superiority. Within a couple of hours, the skies over Arkania were cleared without a single loss to the Coalition aviators. Soon, a small Rendili task force of CR-20 Troop Carriers descended onto the main spaceport of Arkania, and deployed the 329th Infantry Regiment of the GAR. The infantry secured the spaceport and established a defensive cordon around it, as the Rendili Axeheads and Heraklons descended from the atmosphere into the spaceport, and deployed two whole marine brigades with their AT-XE walkers. Even though only a couple hours of sunlight were left, Marshal Schwarzenberg had come to the conclusion that the security of the Dominion’s leadership was more important than the possible risk that the urban environment posed, so the marines received their orders. They were to fan out from the spaceport and make, if necessary, fight their way through to the capital of Adascopolis. What started as a relatively easy task soon turned into a night of terror. 

dfghj.jpg

An AT-XE walker of the Rendili 1st Marine Brigade on it's way towards Adascopolis. As it can be seen on the holopicture, the firing ha already started.

Their advance through the open tundra was entirely uninterrupted, but they encountered heavy resistance as soon as they set foot within the city. Fighting in the urban terrain of Adascopolis mostly negated the advantages that the Coalition would’ve had over the Renegades in armor or air support. As the sun slowly set over the horizon, ambushes were laid down by small groups of Arkanian Renegades and their cybernetic monstrosities, the so-called "Kataphrax'' monsters. They were able to use their handheld anti-tank weapons and other cybernetic implants to destroy several AT-XE walkers and significantly slow down the column of the marines in the narrow streets of the city. Truth to be told, while more than fifteen walkers were immobilized and partially destroyed, their strong armor defended the marines inside, and they served as immobile strongpoints between the capitol and the spaceport from then on. The possibility of air support within the enclosed city was severely reduced as the Coalition wanted to limit civilian casualties as much as possible. The Renegade forces didn’t seem to have the same problem, as they used residential buildings to hide from and to ambush the Rendili marines. Even though encountering such a strong resistance, the marines were able to make their way to the capital, where they fortified themselves by the morning of the second day. Throughout the night, at least one Rendili infantry brigade landed in the spaceport, and reinforced its defenses. This was sorely needed, as the Renegades turned their attention to the spaceport to stop any more Coalition reinforcements from making landfall. 

KataphronArt.jpg

The "Kataphrax'' monsters of the Arkanian Renegades, such as the one on the picture, caused great havoc amongst the ranks of the Rendili infantry.

Fighting raged in the residential areas around the spaceport as the "Kataphrax" monsters of the Renegades lay in ambush to kill the Rendili infantry, and in some cases, even collapse entire buildings on top of them just to wipe out squads of Coalition soldiers. Now let us refer to the letters of Sergeant Rix Madon of the Rendili 2nd Infantry Regiment “Hiller” to paint us a picture:
“After hours of waiting for the bloody transport, our CR-20 finally arrived. My men were anxious to begin with, but now they were restless as well. Thankfully, our way down was relatively quick and calm, as we haven’t experienced any flak fire. This was very much in contrast to the situation that waited for us in the spaceport. Once the doors of the CR-20 opened, a crescendo of explosions and shouting welcomed us. It was basically a huge free for all, if not for the sheer quality of our infantry. The men knew what to do even without specific orders, and the officers kept their units well in hand. However, we very much lacked the firepower that the AT-XE’s gave to the marine brigades. Without them, we were unable to conduct any significant offensive action. We were basically stuck in the vicinity of the spaceport, slowly inching our way through the cities to the capital as the night of the third day arrived. A night that brought nothing but fear and the sound of the tracks of the enemy, as well as the occasional firing, which was just enough to rob us of any sleep and keep us on the edge. The only indication that the marines were still alive was the constantly returning sound of firefight from the direction of the Adascopolic capitol.”

9svaqukguzb51.jpg

A holopic of Sergeant Rix Madon during a lull in the fight for Arkania.

The fourth day was the one which decided the fate of the battle. An unexpected participant joined the fight, as a Jedi contingent (previously detached to the planet to try to find a diplomatic solution) arrived, leading the remains of the Dominion Defense Forces army in a charge against the rear of the Renegade lines. According to eyewitnesses, “the Jedi fought like lions, and their mere presence inspired near-impossible feats from the Coalition and the Dominion forces”, and an unnamed corporal of the Rendili 19th Infantry Regiment “Alvinczy” stated that “I personally saw a Jedi Master strike down two Kataphrax monsters with his lightsaber before crushing the windpipe of a third and running a fourth one through. He was like a force of nature; a dealer, in thunder, and death!” This force, which was written off by both the Coalition and the Renegade strategists, now was able to momentarily lift the pressure from the five Rendili infantry brigades defending the spaceport. A moment that the Rendili infantry used to reorganize and finally start an advance towards the hard-pressed marines in the capital before nightfall. Nonetheless, it would still take a further day and significant loss of life from the Coalition forces to secure the route to the capitol, and then liberate the remainder of the city. For all intents and purposes, the Renegades were crushed. The last of their "Kataphrax" monsters were gunned down before midday of the fifth day, and by the morning of the sixth, the city was declared secure. The fighting however, was not done for the battlegroup, as there were still several pockets of resistance that had to be cleaned up in the coming weeks. 

In conclusion, while this was the first large-scale military operation (or frankly any operation deserving the designation of a “battle”) since the days of Lord Hoth that involved the soldiers of Rendili, we would be dishonest to say that they did not conduct themselves well. The naval crews were able to ensure a safe and continuous transport of the land troops to the snowy tundras of Arkania, albeit they still remained untested in space combat at large. The infantry performed as well as it could’ve been expected from them under the horrible circumstances, but they did suffer the most significant losses in the fight for the city. The marines conducted themselves well, and the AT-XE’s proved themselves to be very useful vehicles. Still, all of them shy away in comparison to the “flyboys”. The pilots of the Rendili air force in their Thunderbolts and Lightnings behaved brilliantly, and completely demolished any opposition quickly, ensuring an unquestionable control of the skies within mere hours of the battlegroups arrival.

*As it can be confirmed from the archives of the Dominion Defense Forces, the fleet was dispatched mere hours before the Arkanian Renegades unveiled themselves on the planet to Kluistar, because they received faulty intelligence that the fleet of the Arkanian Renegades are gathering there to attack their home planet. Without any sources from the Arkanian Renegades, we cannot establish this without doubt, but it’s highly probable to have been a clever stratagem by the Renegade geneticists. 

Edited by Mortel

Stardate: Month 1, Day 2, 49 BBY, 21:56:00 
Occasion: The end of they year overview of the Rendili Sector.

"So, in conclusion, I'm happy to report to his Imperial and Royal Majesty that corruption was significantly reduced all across the sector. With the help of the Regional Criminal Intelligence Resource Center, the local Jedi outpost and the gendarmes of the Imperial-Royal Maréchaussée, the men and women of the Imperial and Royal Evidence Bureau were able to beat back the forces of corruption. We have limited the impact of the corruption from 25% to a mere 4% withing a Galactic Standard year."  - ended Colonel Stöger-Steiner his report to the Council. 
"Finally some good news, Colonel." - the usual twinkle, that left the eyes of the Emperor after he received the news about Arkania, finally returned to their place - "You shall receive one of Rendili's finest decorations, the Order of the Golden Fleece for your tireless service. Rendili thanks you, Colonel."

Franz_Joseph_I_von_Österreich_bei_der_Angelobung_eines_Geheimen_Rat.png

Stöger-Steiner receives the Order of the Golden Fleece from his Imperial and Royal Majesty.
Standing around them (from left to right) are Count Andrássy, Lord Szlávy and Earl Radetzky in their court dress. Holopic, taken sometime Month 1 of 49 BBY.

"It seems like there is nothing else on the agenda for today, instead of the question of this years budget. Lord Szlávy?" The weary Minister of Finance slowly rose.
"I'm afraid I only have bad news to present to your Majesty. While we were successful in increasing our GDP by some 3,5 quadrillion credits, an overall economic relapse can be found all along the Core, and that had seriously affected the Rendili economy as well. All signs indicated towards the fact that our economy prospered during the last Galactic Standard year, and the Rendili Trading Company was, contrary to the expectations of it's many doubters," - he glanced sideways to the Arch-Provost who pretended not to notice - "able to achieve an economic growth of about 0.5% across the sector thanks to it's investments and other connections made along the Nanth'ri Route. However! And this is an important however. Even with these developments, the Ministry of Finance seems unable to propose a budget that would be that same as last years. Even if we raise the taxes, our main revenue rate by 0.4%, completely eliminating any and all economic growth we have achieved in the last year, we would still be 15 quadrillion credits short of our 950 AAR budget. At least we will start next year with a -0.29% economic growth, instead of last year's -0.37%."
"I'm sure that's not your fault my dear Szlávy." - reassured him the Emperor - "However, this is a matter not to be taken lightly. More than the fifth of last year's budget had to be written off. At this rate, in five years we will be forced to sell the forniture!"

Stardate: Month 1, Day 3, 49 BBY, 11:24:00 
Occasion: The end of they year overview of the Rendili Sector.

“Now that the vast majority of our budget was wasted on Szlávy’s dear little poster child, the Trading Company, may I propose that we tunnel our money into something that is actually worth its while?” - presented his case Arch-Provost Bengila Urlan.
“I’ll let you know that the RTC very much brought back the investments, and that you're warmongering….” - started his retort Szlávy, but the Emperor stopped it with his gesture.
“While I adore the peaceful, some might say ‘Naboo-like’ stand of the Finance Minister on this matter, we have a harsh reality to confront. The galaxy is gearing up to a fight with the Hutts, and as the finest of the Founding Shipwrights, it’s our duty and privilege to cater to these needs. Which can not be done with our current production capacity. As his Imperial Majesty already said countless times, the RSD is of paramount importance for not only this Sector, but to the Galaxy as a whole. No price is too high to secure its current position, and if the fellow Councilmen would take a moment to look at the proposal on their holopads, they could also see that its price clearly pales in comparison to the credits that were allocated to the founding and expansion of the RTC.”
“We, as the military delegates to this council,” - joined Baron Tegetthoff into the discussion - “also firmly support this expansion as it’s not only a commercial, but a military undertaking as well.”
His comment was met by nodding and silent agreement from the other two members of the “Enforcers”, Earl Radetzky and Lord Brumowski. 
“The expansion also has my support.” - stated the Emperor, and with this, majority in the Imperial and Royal Council was achieved, and any further discussion on the topic became needless.

Stardate: Month 2, Day 10, 49 BBY, 15:50:00 

“As we have already seen the apparent success of the Rendili Trading Company’s investments into the Exodeen System, I’d like to propose that we further aid this undertaking with the allocation of the required funds, this time to the Quellor system.” - proposed the Rendili Minister of Finance.
“With the same amount of credits, I take it?” - asked him the Arch-Provost. 
“Of course.” - said Szlávy - “I hope you don’t have a problem with that Urlan.”
“Oh no, not at all.” - answered Bengila Urlan - “I just find it quite curious how your little “pet project” received more funding this year than any other project. But I’m sure it has nothing to do with the fact that you are also the Minister of Finance in charge of these allocations.”
Before the annoyed Szlávy could have answered, the Emperor appeased the sides.
“Now-now. My dear Arch-Provost, we all know that the StarDrive is pretty much self-sufficient thanks to its orders. The Trading Company, however, offers such a level of economic growth that is, just like the allocated funds, nearly unprecedented in the sector's living memory. So the project will go ahead, and that’s that.”

The occupation of Arkania, 50-51 BBY

Source: From Mortel von Ungarn’s “Military History of Rendili” page 218.

Once the guns fell silent in Adascopolis, Battlegroup Horthy still had much on it's hands. Resistance by various groupings of Arkanian Renegades still posed a threat to the shaky foundation of the Arkanian Dominion. Operation Jarael, named after a legendary Arkanian offshoot from the Old Republic era, was created specifically to address these issues. The strict, regiment based structure of the RAF was reformed, so the battlegroup's army was able to deploy several smaller, more flexible Brigade Combat Teams on a provisional basis, something that was to became the standard in the Rendili Armed Forces-Planetary Defense Forces (RAF-PDF) in the future. In the weeks after the Battle of Adascopolis, approximately 150,000 marshals of the Imperial and Royal Maréchaussée* deployed onto Arkania. They established a "security net" on the planet, secured strategic locations like starports and government offices, established checkpoints within the Arkanian cities and along the roads, and conducted security sweeps with the help of the BCT's. Meanwhile a much more cruel, bitter melee took place within the vast mining systems of the planet, abandoned for the past several centuries.

Névtelen.jpg

One of the many mines on the surface of Arkania, abandoned after its diamond stores run dry. 

The men and women of the Rendili infantry descended into the dark mines with the help of local Arkanian guides. Here, the broken, but not yet defeated Renegade forces engaged them in bloody close-quarters fighting. The bayonets of the Rendili infantry, previously thought of only as a relic of ancient times, useful for parades and opening canned supplies but nothing else, became one of the most widely appreciated weapon by the veterans of Arkania. The preferred method introduced for these cleaning up operations by the Rendili became known as the skip/bounce technique. They threw a hand grenade into the room so hard that it skipped and bounced, making it difficult for the Renegades to pick it up and throw it back. This "kill first, ask second" manner would've been criticized in almost every other environment, if not for the complete lack of sentient, friendly individuals in the mines. The Renegades however, were not afraid to use nasty tricks on their own. The most glaring of these were the usage of Kataphrax suicide bombers. None of the Kataphrax could have been captured alive, as the couple that were simply self-terminated. If any of them still remained, they more than likely went deeper into hiding, which on Arkania is quite far down into the mines. This was quite the unpleasant experience for the Rendili infantrymen, but not something they weren't able to deal with after the experiences of the battle of Adacopolis. A recording of the radio chatter by one of the squads of the Rendili 9th Infantry Regiment “Clerfayt” sheds some light onto how these underground battles were fought.

"Sergeant Igel to Corporal Mol. Mol, do you copy?" Considerable interference can be heard, which was unsurprising, considering how the squad was 120 meters down, under icy surface.
"This is Mol, copy. The guide found something. I see light approximately 70 meters down on the corridor, on the right. Shite, I hear tracks."
"Stay put, we are closing in." Only muffled talking and the sound of steps can be heard for a couple of minutes, then quiet talking can be made out. After of about a minute of silence, an explosion can be heard, followed closely by shouting and firing. Then finally, a conversation can be made out.
"Sir, sir, come here. We got one of them Kataphrax's. It's still alive, but I can make sure it isn't."
"Easy Corporal, easy." - Sergeant Igel can be heard speaking - "We need to capture some alive, so the gentlemen of the officer class can figure out where were they made."
"Wurm, Schenke, get to it. We need to lift it......." - the voice of Corporal Mol suddenly fell silent - "FRICK! It has a termination protocol! Out, out, out!"
Only panting, and cursing can be heard as the men left the area at double-time. Then an explosion.

Mordian_Ironguards_by_jeenhoong.jpg

Sergeant Igel and his men leaving the crosscut of the mine faster than anticipated. Artist's impression.

Such actions were not rare, but the soldiers of Rendili fared fairly well, losing only a minimal number of men as they became hardened troops after the experiences of the previous months. By the end of Month 2 of 49 BBY, the 4 month campaign finally drew to a close, and the Rendili servicemen said their goodbyes for the few local civilians who warmed up for them. No goodbye parade was held on Arkania however, due to the disagreements between the Dominion's leadership and the Republic commanders on the responsibility for this uprising, as it became painfully obvious for the Republic's officials that the Dominion was very much guilty of systematically altering the Yaka species with cybernetic implants against their wishes. In the following month, the Rendili forces conducted a staggered, partial withdrawal from the system, finally leaving the security of Arkania in the capable hands of the Grand Army of the Republic.

*The Imperial and Royal Maréchaussée was the gendarmerie of the Rendili Sector up to 19 BBY, when they were disbanded and replaced by Imperial Army troopers.

Edited by Mortel

Stardate: Month 3, Day 6, 49 BBY, 4:15:00 
Occasion: The daily meeting ot the Imperial and Royal Council

It was the third hour of the sales pitch for the investment into the Rehemsa Consumables. Baron Tegetthoff left after 20 minutes referring to some "very important, and super-secret GAR business" that required his immediate attention, Prince Metternich's holonet connection suddenly "went out" after 30 or so minutes and Arch-Provost Bengila Urlan was called away after an hour on his communicator, even though it wasn't activated as long as Andrássy could remember.
"Perhaps the Arch-Provost has developed telekinetic abilities in the first hour." - wondered Andrássy as he tried to focus on the holopresentation. Which was quite hard, considering the loud-frickin-snoring of Earl Radetzky. Frick. He could've strangled that man with his ceremonial sash if given the chance just to shut him up. Even the Emperor, with his long work hours, started to blink slower and slower. Highborn Kolowrat-Liebsteinsky, Lord Szlávy, Lord Brumowski and Count Andrássy were the only ones still standing. Well, not literally. 
"Why are we still here?" - muttered Brumowski - "Just to suffer?"
"We are here to ensure that the sector's population is supplied with sufficient foodstuffs in case it's export becomes restricted." - answered Kolowrat-Liebsteinsky - "We are here to ensure that children won't starve, the elderly are supplied, and that our servicemen can continue serving the Republic. And that is something that's worth every credit."
"While I'm happy that the Minister of Sector Affairs is so passionate about grain, everybody has to have a hobby afterall, what would this investment cost us if I may inquire?"
- inquired Szlávy.
"6 quadrillion credits." - the silence of Szlávy was more telling that any outburst could have been, it was really a shame the Arch-Provost and his sharpe tongue weren't here to witness it.
"What does it offers us in exchange Kolowrat?" - asked the Emperor, suddenly awaken by the mention of spending such a large amount of money. 
"Almost complete independence from the import of basic foodstuffs, several jobs, and eventual economic growth down the line your Majesty." - answered Kolowrat.
"Very well then, you have the green light, go ahead." - saved Franz Joseph I the Councilmen from their slow death to boredom by approving the investment.

Edited by Mortel

Stardate: Month 3, Day 30, 49 BBY, 9:13:00 
Occasion: The daily meeting of the Imperial and Royal Council

“After Exodeen and Quellor, it is time for the Rendili Trading Company to finally continue it's investments along the Nanth'ri Route. This time into the Fabrin system."
"What do the Fabrinates think of a Core trade company suddenly waltzing into their system, and investing into their economy out of the blue?"
- asked Arch-Provost Urlan, likely just to make sure Szlávy's blood pressure stays mobile. 
"It's not only beneficial for the RTC, and thereby to the whole sector financially, but it's also our duty as their Core brethren to help their, let's say weaker, economies with our credits. Remember Urlan, stronger Rim economies equal stronger Rim defense forces, who will surely turn to the oh-so-legendary Rendili StarDrive for their ships." - answered the Minister of Finance.
"Well, I'm conviced." - gave in the Director of the RSD - "But I have to remind you Szlávy to take up an atlas once in a while."
"Excuse me?"
- said the stunned Minister.
"Well, you see, the Fabrin system is in the Circarpous sector. Which was for the last 950 years, and still is as far as I know, in the Expansion region." 
He had the biggest smile on ever since Metternich left for Coruscant.

Edited by Mortel

Stardate: Month 3, Day 34, 49 BBY, 20:54:00 
Occasion: The daily meeting of the Imperial and Royal Council

As the sun finally set over Rendili's Capitolium, the evening meeting of the Council was about to be wrapped up. Before the Imperial and Royal Councilors could retire to their palaces however, Highborn Kolowrat-Liebsteinsky, the Minister of Sector Affairs addressed the table. 
"Gentleman, we have one more issue. While it may not be as pressing as the usual issues discussed at this table, it is no less important. The "Enforcers" informed me that a large number of PTSD survivors have been reported amongst the returning servicemen of Operations Snow Queen and Jarael on Arkania. I believe we owe it to them to take very good care of them."
"Agreed. They put everything on the line for the sector, this is the least we can do." - answered the Emperor - "How do you propose to go about this?" 
"Following an old Lettowan custom, several Veteran's Houses should be established across the sector, which will be manned by medical personnel and equipped to treat those servicemen who suffer from this or other disorders, otherwise unable to live on their own or wish to live in these care houses. These "houses" will be, in reality, building complexes with their own physical therapy centers, parks, etc to help their rehabilitation." - layed out Kolowrat the plan.

honved-veteranok-1910-678x381.jpg

Veterans of the Rendili Starfighter Corps in front of one of the Veteran's Houses. Holopic from around 20 BBY.

Edited by Mortel