Galactic City News Network (GCNN)

GeneralCrazy

Construction?

Industrial Sector, Coruscant - A large police presence and thousands of workers with construction equipment have been sighted in the industrial sector. No reports have been given and the government has been silent. All traffic is being diverted from the construction zone. Due to the large police presence, I think it is safe to assume the government is involved some how. Nonetheless, there is plenty of work and lots of credits to earn. Stay clear of the construction zone and stay safe.

• 3 weeks later...

New Mayor Elected!

"Dubbed the Iron Fist of Coruscant"

Galactic City, Coruscant - After many months of fierce competition in the Mayor elections, Calvin Coolidge has won and will serve a 3 year term. Mayor Coolidge has already been nicknamed the "Iron Fist of Coruscant" with his tough on crime campaign platform. Despite being the Capitol of the Republic, outside the Senate District and the upper levels, Coruscant is rampant with crime. In the lower levels, police forces are minimal due to a lack of staffing and local mobsters run the streets. Many citizens fear for their lives and rarely venture further than they have to. Mayor Coolidge plans to bring an end to this and restore order on Coruscant. While usually a quiet district, even the Senate District has seen two high profile murders of two beloved Senators. This will test the Mayor's commitment and Iron Fist of law and order. The Mayor is already planning reforming the Coruscant Police from top to bottom and hire thousands of new officers to bolster its ranks. Only in time will we see if the Mayor has the resolve to end this crime crisis.

• 1 month later...

Action at the Works!

The Works District, Coruscant - Reports are coming in that there is currently a major build up and police action in the long abandoned Works District. Reporters on the ground are saying Police are advising all persons to stay clear of the district unless authorized. It is unclear exactly what is taking part, but the Mayor has made a brief announcement:

"Good Morning great people of Coruscant. Today I have authorized police action in The Works District. Part of my campaign promise was to clean our streets and rid Coruscant of these pesky criminals, that starts today. As I speak, thousands of Security Forces are descending upon the district to sweep and clear all rift raft and criminal elements. I highly advise all persons to comply with police personnel. Upon making the district safe, I have authorized the release of a large number of credits to rebuild the district into the Industrial Powerhouse it once was and restore its former glory to the galactic stage. This will bring untold economic benefits to our planet and provide hundreds of thousands of new jobs for the people. Together we shall prosper."

We will report more once we get more information on the ongoing police action and reconstruction efforts.

Coruscant Medical Facility

Galactic City, Coruscant - Mayor Calvin Coolidge has announced major plans for the construction of a new Medical Facility on Coruscant. The estimated costs for the construction of this facility are unknown at this time and has not been made public. It is said that it will be one of the largest on the planet when finished and will be a beacon of hope on the planet. The facility will be used for the military and not be open to the general public as of yet, but that may change if a situation shall arise such as natural disasters or terrorist attacks. This new facility is said to employ over 30,000 employees have state-of-the-art equipment that will house around 7,000 patients. No other details have been given at this time or released to the public.

Ailon Nova Guard Comes to Coruscant!

"The best of the best"

Galactic City, Coruscant - Mayor Calvin Coolidge has announced major reforms and plans for the Coruscant Planetary Defense Forces. Over thousands of years of peace, many planetary defense forces have fallen behind on their defense capabilities. The Mayor had this to say on the matter:

"My fellow Coruscantis, for thousands of years we have enjoyed peace. So much so that we have forgotten the dangers that lurk on our borders or in some cases within Republic Space. So far those problems have not come to the Core, but doesn't mean it can't. In those years, the Republic Military was rebranded into Judicial Forces and severely reduced. Stretched thin, they could not rise to the task of defending our borders. Now they have been rebranded again back into the Grand Army of the Republic, but still lack the forces and capabilities to defend our borders. Until that time, it is up to the planetary forces to fulfill that need. This leads me to our glorious planetary forces of Coruscant. Limited by lack of funding and proper training over the years. Our Defense Forces are not only tasked with defending Coruscant, but our beloved Capitol of the Republic. How can they do that without funding and proper training? Will Coruscant fall victim to the violent revolutions of the Rim? Will Coruscant fall victim to the increasing aggressive Hutts? I think not.

Under my Leadership, I will restore Coruscant to its former glory. A force to be reckon with. This is a tall order considering the many years of neglect. I have invited the Ailon Nova Guard to Coruscant under contract to provide proper training to our defense forces. Who better to prepare us than some of the best in the Galaxy, only rivaled by the Mandalorians. Ailon a fellow Republic world known for their renown military expertise has stood up to the challenge. I welcome them in open arms as they seek to show us the ways of combat. It is my hope that we never have to use this training, but should that time come, we will be prepared. There task on Coruscant is only temporary until training is complete.

I hold my campaign promises dear to my heart. The promises I made to every single citizen on Coruscant. I will fulfill those promises and create a Utopia where our children our safe. A Utopia where people can walk the streets without fear of being robbed, mugged or murdered. A Utopia where everyone can prosper and enjoy everyday life. Our planet will not become the Rim. Our planet will thrive and be the beacon of the Republic. Let us stand together and show the galaxy."

Over the Moon!

"Construction, construction, construction."

Galactic City, Coruscant - Construction and transformation has begun on two moons above Coruscant. Centax-1 and Centax-2 currently have large construction projects going on. All citizens and traffic are advised to avoid the area. While details are scarce, we have received word that the Mayor has authorized the construction of a Detention and Labor Camp on Centax-1. This facility is meant to house low level offenders and rehabilitate them to reintegrate them back into society as productive and law abiding citizens. There are no details on what is going on Centax-2, but rumors are it may be another prison facility of some sort. According to our sources, it seems both facilities will be able to hold 70,000 prisoners combined and employ thousands of police personnel and workers. We are currently waiting on an official statement by the government on this matter. Until then, we will keep gathering information.

Galactic Republic

"Announcement from the Office of the Supreme Chancellor"

Galactic City, Coruscant - Greetings Coruscantis, I bring you a rare and exclusive statement from none other than Supreme Chancellor Frix. The Supreme Chancellor and been out of the spot light and busy on the senate floor these past couple of years. He is not known to stand in front of the media or spotlight, rather reclusive if you ask us. Nonetheless, his term is coming to an end soon and we managed to get a statement on his future in politics. While we wish we had him here in person, we will have to just stick with what we got. Here it goes.

"Greetings my fellow Coruscantis. It has been an honor to serve you and my fellow citizens of the Republic. While my term is not over yet as we have a long, hard, and busy year ahead of us, I have been asked many times on whether I plan to run for re-election. I currently have no intentions to run for a second term, in fact, it is rare for any Supreme Chancellor to run a second term. As you may not know, the position comes with a lot of stress on the mind and the body. While my first two years of my term has been to maintain the "status quo" of Galactic Affairs considering the thousands of years we enjoyed peace, that may seem no longer plausible. This past year I have push for reforms in the Senate along with Senator Bertorelli to help navigate these new challenges. It is my hope to leave the Office of the Supreme Chancellorship in good shape for my successor. It is my hope by the end of this year to return order to the Galactic Republic and beyond. I can only hope my successor has the drive and fortitude to steer the Republic into these new age of unknown. I would like to remind each and everyone of you and the citizens of the Republic that no matter how much chaos knocks on our doors, as long as we stand together shoulder to shoulder, we shall overcome any challenge thrown at us. While it may seem as if all hope is lost, we maintain faith in our ideals, our democracy, and each other."

We head over to the mayors office for an exclusive interview to see what he has to say on the current state of affairs and the Supreme Chancellor's statement.

Reporter: Good evening Mayor Coolidge. What are your thoughts on the SC statement.

Mayor Coolidge: Hogwash. The Supreme Chancellor has been mostly absent in discussions, sits quietly in his chair during debates, and brings motions to a vote occasionally. What has he really done for this Republic? The Republic is falling into disarray. You have 1MSS violently overthrowing worlds in the Rim, you have the Techno Union violently overthrowing a Core world. Might I remind you, the same Techno Union that has special enforcement privileges' who are suppose to be protecting our Republic and has a seat on what was our Judicial Council, now Military Council. How do they even retain a seat on that council after what they have done? Don't even get me started on the Azure Sector which are meddling in affairs on Kuat as well. Mind you, they have a seat on the council as well. If I didn't know any better it looks like the Council is conducting a coup on a Core world in an attempt to nationalize KDY while everyone else is blinded by troubles in the Rim. What has the Supreme Chancellor done? Nothing period. If it was me, the Techno Union and Azure Sector would be sacked immediately and new leadership brought in. This Republic needs strong leadership, and Frix doesn't meet that criteria.

Reporter: Mayor Coolidge, those are some strong words and accusations coming from you. You are talking with such strong passion and drive, would you consider running for the Supreme Chancellorship?

Mayor Coolidge: As of now no. I am dedicated to the People of Coruscant. I have much let to do and achieve. Under my leadership I will launch Coruscant into a new age and rightful place within the Republic. We will be the new true Defender of the Core, the pride of the Republic. Every planet will be looking up to us as a beacon of hope and leadership.

Reporter: Sounds like you are campaigning Mayor and you said as of now you wont run for election. Will you consider it in the future?

Mayor Coolidge: Absolutely, the thought has crossed my mind. Perhaps after the citizens of the Republic see what I have done on Coruscant I may run for election in the future. After all, I am not just talk, I prefer to lead by example.

Reporter: Thank you Mayor. There you have it, straight from the mouth of the Iron Fist of Coruscant. We will have to wait and see what the future holds. Stay tuned.