Political News

Shadows

• 2 weeks later...

One Million Systems Strong Founded
New Anti-Core Non-Government Organization

The galactic holonet was inundated with a series of controversial advertisements last week from an organization called “One Million Systems Strong.” Our sources indicate this new organization was founded recently and is being funded primarily by a trust fund recently established with the Bank of the Core. Financials are private. But donations are beginning to roll in from various corners of the Galaxy. You may be asking, just what is this organization? Well, on the off chance you’ve been living under a rock the last few days, see for yourself:

*calming music begins as the vid cuts to a sunny pastoral scene, where a Wookiee agricultural worker helps a human pluck a ripe fruit. They both smile and look into the camera. The view fades to grav-ball striker Dane Reckin, a renowned human athlete from Nubia, lifting an Aqualish teammate into the air after scoring a winning goal. The crowd roars in excitement.*

Pleasantly Neutral Female Narrator: “We all know that more is within our reach when we lift each other up.”

*a sudden tone shift as the music lowers, screen darkens*

Pleasantly Neutral Female Narrator: “Or do we?”

*The screen fades to a Senate pod where a bulging-eyed human man, Senator Ranulph Tarkin of the Seswenna Sector, gesticulates wildly. The audio fades in and out.*

Senator Tarkin:“...savage nature of the Rim..”

*cut to the Wookiee looking to the ground, then back to Tarkin*

Senator Tarkin: “I do not support the Calamari Sector for the Judiciary Council…I don't trust the equal enforcement of the law to a fairly new member to the Republic like the Calamari Sector.”

*fade to historical footage of 1,500th anniversary of Republic membership celebrations on Dac, where citizens celebrate with banners marking the occasion, date stamp in bottom left corner*

Senator Tarkin: “What's to say that they will not force the Judicary Forces to quell dissenting voices like they did the Quarren?”

*picture pulls out to a confused Mon Calamari watching the Senate broadcast on his datapad and being leered at by a group of humans in a bar. He hurriedly picks up his things to leave. Fade back to Senate. 

Senator Tarkin: “…your devilish…”

*fade to a Devaronian child holding a stuffed reek and hiding behind his mother’s legs. A new figure appears, Senator Shesh of Kuat*

Senator Shesh: “While I would be willing to work alongside the Senator from The Ghost Nebula I would prefer not to work under her (audio slowed slightly and lowered on this word)…”

*Fade to an Umbaran walking up the steps to a government building, and the door shuts as she reaches the last step. Finally, the shot pans back to the pastoral scene with the Wookiee and human. Senator Sahsinchei'D'vaallir of the Duluur Sector and the Devar’i Confederation has joined them.*

Senator Sahsinchei'D'vaallir: Unfortunately, we haven’t come as far as we sometimes think. Even now, some people believe that others in our great Republic aren’t full citizens, or can’t be trusted, simply because they are different. How long will it take for many of us to be considered “true” citizens of the Republic, with the same voice as everyone else? 500 years? 1,000 years? 10,000 years? A million?

*musical tone lightens as all of the cast joins the Senator, smiling and looking to the camera*

Senator Sahsinchei'D'vaallir: “But there’s something you can do. Right now, my office is working on legislation to repeal or reform Section IV.6 of the Galactic Constitution, which gives twelve Core sectors the right to veto decisions, even if representatives for 75% of the Galaxy agree with them. These founding worlds have done great things for the Republic, but the time for all of us to have an equal voice is now. We must stand up together and say “You can’t veto my voice. We are citizens of the Republic. We are One Million Systems Strong.” Please, stand with us.

Pleasantly Neutral Female Narrator: Contact your Sector Representative to the Galactic Senate today to encourage them to support Senator Sahsinchei'D'vaallir in moving to repeal or reform Section IV.6. You may also make a donation today by visiting holochannel #OneMillionSystemsStrong 444#ZTH. Together, we can make sure that no one can veto our voice. 

*vid cuts back to the holocasters*

This advert is predictably causing quite a stir, and first aired in Sectors outside the Core, mostly non-humans areas, before making its way into Core systems. Already, there are reports of donations coming into the organization, and several holovids on popular social channels show individuals of a variety of species expressing outrage over this section of the Constitution, and demanding their followers get involved in this action. A typically dull subject, the Galactic Constitution appears to have lit a fire in some areas, as support for repealing or reforming Section IV.6 is gaining some limited momentum. While debate has been ongoing regarding the subject, so far, no official legislation has come before the Senate. But we expect the Representative of the Duluur Sector to present a formal amendment in the coming weeks. 

Many analysts within the Core Worlds have not viewed the new agency kindly. Speaking with the promise of anonymity, a council member from Axum was quoted as stating "This is likely the work of some outer rim sector, angling to gain more power in the Republic. It's not about equal representation, it's about weakening the foundations of our democracy. A democracy which has stood nearly a thousand years in its current state." Others from Alsakan also commented, "Well what else would you expect from such uneducated rabble? They're even using red herring, purposefully misquoting or cutting out context in their little holo film. Absolutely distasteful."

While we are unsure how this new agency will effect voting overall, we are bound to see the results soon. 

The Growing Presence of the Jedi
The rare sight of the Jedi becoming more common...

The Jedi Order was once viewed as a reclusive and poorly understood order within the Republic, with the stated functioning of maintaining the peace. They have developed a reputation for being mysterious, disconnected, and would only show up when the situation was already too far gone. This reputation has grown to the point where many outside the Core have little trust in the Jedi Order, even if they have never seen a Jedi in person. It seems that the Order may be seeking to change this image.

Ground has broken on two new temples for the Jedi Order, one located on Anaxes, the other on Rendili. These temples, funded by their hosting government, promise an increase in the effectiveness in law enforcement for the worlds and a stronger connection to the Jedi Order. There is also the distinct possibility that these Temple will result in an increase in the number of future Jedi hailing from these worlds, as a new training center is right there for them to access. On these two Core worlds, where the Jedi are well known and at least mostly admired, the move is viewed in a positive light. Tralin Shrew, a small business owner on Rendili had this to say, "I'm happy the Jedi will have a more permanent presence on the world! It'll be great for reducing crime and adding more prestige to Rendili. A solid move and worth the Credits."

Meanwhile, away from the Core, the news has been seen in a different light. The prevailing viewpoint seems to be one of resignation and no surprise. In a statement from Trade Commissioner Granger, of the Trade Federation, he explaining his peoples sentiments. "Put simply, we're not surprised that the Jedi are taking efforts to protect the Core instead of the Rim. After all, that's what the Republic does best right? They're little more than an extension of the Senate who focuses on nothing but the Core worlds and leaves us Rim dwellers to the wolves. When was the last time Rendili or Anaxes had any serious issue with piracy or crime at the level to need the Jedi Order's attention? Not in recent memory. Meanwhile I lost six freighters to piracy last week! Where are the Jedi to help us?"

Pride Before the Fall

The "Pride of the Core" is a ship that has been embroiled in controversy since it began construction. Representing the single largest warship built by Kuat in a thousand years, the massive Mandator-Class Star Dreadnought was intended to become the flagship of the Kuati Defense Forces. That has not occurred though.

The official launch of the massive vessel has been postponed to an undisclosed date, following reports of thousands of defects in the ship's construction. Much of this may be attributed to the breakneck speed at which the ship was assembled, and the thousands of extra workers Kiat had to quickly hire to meet their deadline. Reports indicate that the ship may require up to six months of extensive repair work and cost as much as its initial build cost to repair.

The biggest issue was found during the final engine test of the main sublight drive system. Three of the massive vessels primary engines broke free of their mountings, causing catastrophic damage to the engineering section of the ship. Reports of crew shortages on the vessel have been labeled as responsible for the lack of proper emergency response to the malfunction. After the vessel was powered down, engineers began working their way through the ship, cataloging on average one production error for every five Meyers of length.

The news has caused a public outcry on Kuat, not from the low level workers, but from prominent members of the Ten ruling families. Many are calling into question the abilities of Kuat Drive Yards officials, and calling the "Pride of the Core" an abject failure that threatens the Kuati reputation.

-----

Action to investigate cause. -10 DP. Mandator is disabled. BCP + 6 months to repair.

Industrial Accident on Orbital Axis!
Kuat Drive Yards suffers second accident in a month...

In a shocking turn of events, a fuel depot in Kuat's Orbital Axis has been destroyed by an explosion! Kuat's planetary defense forces have responded and seem to have ruled out an attack by a foreign actor, at least during the initial phase of the investigation. The information we have is limited, however, it seems that some form of accident occurred during a routine fuel transfer on one of KDY's orbital fuel stations. Luckily, with the design of the Axis, the explosion was able to be contained and did not affect the rest of the station.

Initial reports indicate at least three dozen Kuati workers have been killed in the accident. The mood of the Kuati workers has shifted dramatically over the past month. First the issues with the "Pride" and now, only weeks later, a deadly mistake. Protests have been cropping up across Kuat, as workers and families demand more from the administration of KDY and the Kuati government. While the protests have so far been isolated, many in the Kuati administration are concerned about future protests growing.

Hopefully further investigation from the Kuati government determines the cause of these accidents.

“One Million Systems Strong” Riding High 
News Ads Released and Heavy Presence in Senate Building Following Billions in Donations

Following the release of controversial ads related to the “One Million Systems Strong” organization earlier this year, our sources indicate a massive haul in donations has turbo-charged what is shaping up to be a consistent, well-funded political machine. In addition to new advertisements released this week, a heavy presence of “One Million Systems Strong” staff has been seen in the Senate building, as well as the often hurrying figure of Senator Sahsinchei'D'vaallir, who reportedly has a packed meeting schedule. 

It has been a relief for some of her colleagues on the Senate floor, as she has had little time to return to the lectern. Political analysts note, however, that these kinds of pushes are often the calm before the storm. While we can’t know the results of these meetings, it’s clear massive effort is underway toward meeting the goals of the “Reform or Repeal” campaign. 

The new advertisements strike a familiar tone, while also containing some new content, including a non-violent message and a bit of bragging about the success of the organization so far. See for yourself, below.

*The holocast transitions to an ad, centered on a bustling office building. The camera zooms into a window and through, where a rising, hopeful melody accompanies the scene of Senator Sahsinchei'D'vaallir smiling and shaking hands with a multi-species group in a conference room. The vid transitions to be outside of an office door. The Senator steps out, addressing the camera as she walks through the building. Others pass by, busy at work.*

Senator Sahsinchei'D'vaallir: Thanks to your support, One Million Systems Strong is working hard toward their goal of reforming or repealing the Founder’s Veto, and giving all of us equal representation under the law. They raised billions of credits thanks to you, and already, your voice is being heard in the Senate Building. I know. I’m tirelessly meeting with Senators everyday, and they have heard you loud and clear. 

*the camera pans to a profile shot, and the Senator is standing just outside the Senate chambers. The music darkens.*

Sahsinchei'D'vaallir: “But we have a long way to go.”

*the vid zooms into a high-quality CGI version of the Senate chamber, incorporating actual footage in a montage similar to the first ad. Senator Blackadder of Alsakan's pod moves to address the Senate.*

Senator Blackadder: “We are the most enlightened, most developed, and most qualified to determine whether any legislation meets the standards of civilisation. Without the Core standing watch, the massed savages would tear down the bastions of democracy and begin rutting in the street…”

*vid pans to Senate pods containing various species shaking their heads and talking to one another as Blackadder speaks*

Senator Blackadder: “If the less developed Peon worlds…”

*gasps from the Senate audience*

Senator Blackadder: “...your kind need our leadership…one cannot simply award a degree to a pile of nerf dung, sprinkle it with glitter, and assume that's its true nature has been transmutted into something of more use.”

*The camera flashes to a Gran dock worker in a busy port. He grunts, hefting a box onto the ground, before facing the camera.*

Gran Dockworker: I know many of you are angry. I’m angry. I have friends that sometimes talk about doing something they’ll regret. Some of those Core worlders think we’re savage, animals even. We have to prove them wrong. That’s why I contact my Senator’s office every day after my shift to demand we change the law. Let the galaxy see - the only violence coming from the Rim is that encouraged by Core-centric laws that leave us to fend for ourselves.

*The vid pans into a datapad being watched by a bystander on the docks in the background, showing Senate proceedings. A new pod comes forward, as the fervor in the Senate rises*

Senator Antilles: “...I propose that Core Founders be exempt from all Republic taxation, fees, or other financial obligations…You ask the Founders of this Republic to suffer, so that you may have more…”

*The vid fades to a human man on a dry, desert planet, tuning a moisture vaporator. He wipes sweat from his brow, before sitting back and setting down his spanner.*

Human Farmer: I work hard every day to provide for my family. How many credits have come my way from the Republic? I haven’t seen them. But I have to send my hard earned money to fund their parties, high rises, and wasteful spending on Alderaan? We know what it means to work for a living outside the Core. I’d like to see Antilles come out here. He’s never done a day of work in his life! Tell your Senator - we won’t stand for some pompous Core prettyboy questioning our resolve! Don’t let the likes of him dictate what happens to us!

*vid blurs the scene as the farmer returns to his work*

Pleasantly Neutral Female Narrator: “You can make a difference! Contact your Sector Representative to the Galactic Senate today to encourage them to support Senator Sahsinchei'D'vaallir in moving to repeal or reform Section IV.6. You may also make a donation today by visiting holochannel #OneMillionSystemsStrong 444#ZTH - but your voice is the most important thing you can contribute! Together, we can make sure that no one can veto our voice.”

The push is gaining steam, particularly in the wake of the much more vivid and expressive language used by Senator Blackadder from Alsakan. Donations have slowed after reports of the massive haul from the first advertisements, but this has been made up for by exhausted Senatorial aides reporting non-stop holovids, messages, and requests by Senate constituents. Even some Core world’s senators appear to be in damage control mode as the calls come in. As this latest ad push was coordinated with the flurry of activity witnessed in the Senate building, it isn’t outlandish to suspect formal support is growing for the “Reform or Repeal” effort behind the scenes.

A New Jedi Era?

Today, an official announcement from the Jedi Temple confirmed the expected promotion of Jedi Master Dooku to a seat on the Jedi High Council. Dooku is a well known and respected Jedi Master, but has an equal reputation for not staying to the dogma associated with the highest echelons of the Jedi Order. Hundreds of members of the Order, from fellow Masters down to Padawans have spoken openly, praising this appointment.

Another announcement, following closely behind the announcement of Master Dooku's appointment has seen more mixed results. The Jedi are returning to their more warlike past, at least in some ways, and are beginning the process of equipping their Jedi in the field with a new generation of battle armor. This armor, much like previous generation's from before the Ruusan Reformations, appear to focus heavily on defense. Layers of protection are being built into armor suited for the Jedi and their force abilities. Officially, there are no offensive or even augmentation abilities built into the armor.

Jedi Master Ki-Adi-Mundi has been a vocal opponent of the move. "While I understand the need to ensure the safety of members of the Order, especially after the disaster on Nal Hutta, the issuance of 'battle armor' is too much of a reaction. The Jedi are not warriors, we are peace keepers. We can not lose sight of our way in order to protect ourselves."

BREAKING NEWS: Two Republic Senators Found Dead

Breaking news! Two Republic Senators have been found Dead within hours of eachother. The first Senator to perish was Senator Bor Gracus of the Slussi Senator. Initial reports indicate Senator Gracus was found murdered after attending a meeting with a vocal splinter group from the Million Systems Strong movement, known locally as the Veto or Vibroblade Group. Ironically, the Senator was found with multiple grievous stab wounds. No political movement, including the Veto or Vibroblade movement has claimed responsibilities. Local officials are expected to petition the Judicial Council for assistance in this investigation.

The Second Senator, found just minutes ago, is none other than Senator Sahsinchei’D’vaallir of the Devar’i Confederation. While not much information is available at this time, it is known that the Senator was found deceased in her personal residence a little over half a standard hour ago. No preliminary information, or cause of death has been released at this time.

We will update you as further information becomes available.

Jaso and Duluur Sectors Strengthen Ties

Following signing of a treaty by the Canir of the Vratix Colony and the Administrator Elect of the Devar'i Confederation, the Duluur and Jaso Sectors have formalized accords that cement technological and commercial cooperation, as well as contain additional levels of security cooperation and a mutual defense pact. The so-called Crossroads Mercantile Protection Zone (CMPZ), originally defining hyperlanes in Duluur, has now expanded to include the hyperlanes in Jaso, effectively creating an area of joint security cooperation between the two sector governments. Closer ties promise to bring commercial advantages to the two powers, something the Devar'i are eager to take advantage of given the Vratix medical industry and control of Bacta. Likewise, the Vratix lack the more sophisticated manufacturing capabilities of the Devaronians. Analysts expect to see joint commercial, technological, and military ventures in the coming months, and citizens of both Sectors are relieved at the news of productive peace and cooperation between neighbors that exceeds basic Republic membership.

• 2 weeks later...
Alsakan-Coruscant Cultural Celebration Shenanigans

Steve: We go now to our on the ground society editor Marcella. Marcella, what can you tell us about today's event?

Thanks Steve. Well it may just be the cultural event of the month. Two behemothic Core Founders, often seen slyly stabbing each other with surface pleasantries appear to be trying to mend some fences. 

The Alsakan-instituted and funded Alsakan-Coruscant Cultural Appreciation Event (ACCAE) is a week-long celebration of the cultures of these two ancient Core Founders, in which a series of parties and events attended by Alsakan dignitaries and Coruscanti celebrities will take place aboard two newly-constructed Alsakan government ships. Now we don't know anything really about these ships, merely that they are unique designs, and the names 'Pride of Coruscant' and 'Power of Alsakan' hint at this being a truly magnificent expression of the shared history of both worlds.

Steve: Marcella, you mentioned Coruscanti celebrities. But isn't it true that these 'celebrities' might be called by some ungenerous commentators as B Grade celebs?

Well Steve, it might be true that these celebs might not be top tier, but it is likely that for this new event, both the Alsakans and Coruscantis are testing out the waters first. I fully expect later events to draw in a more visible celebrity crowd.

Hold on a moment Steve, I'm throwing us over to our livestreams from Astrocontrol, and I've just been informed that our Coruscanti celebrities are already in the air on chartered shuttles, ready for a glittery arrival and into-the-night partying.

...feed cuts to Coruscant Astrocontrol...

Sir, I've got the Power of Alsakan on our scopes now. It's transmitting its orbital insertion and docking plans and...dear god! Sir, you better take a look at this!

RadarPShip.jpg

Um. The Captain has announced his intention to dock with the Pride of Coruscant for personnel transfers sir. I think maybe we should cut our livefeed. Don't ask why.

...feed cuts back to Marcella...

Ok...so I don't know exactly what we saw there.

Steve: It was a giant flying space penis Marcella.

Let's just go to our orbital livestream and watch the celebrity arrival and the docking of...SWEET FORCE!

coruscant_star_wars_planet_collection_by_ericwhitted_dev1ud2-pre.jpg

THAT'S how they dock?! Just cut ALL feeds, this is a disaster!

...update 2 days later...

Steve: So Marcella is still off on stress leave, but just to update our viewers, the ACCAE has ended 2 days into its planned 1 week series of events, with both Alsakan ships thankfully returning to their own space. The controversy caused by this grotesque and costly joke at Coruscant's expense led to government diplomatic protests, and citizens rallying in the streets calling for the government to take some action against this humiliation. The celebrities involved, photographed leaving the party clutching expensive gift bags, have been roundly condemned for taking part in this travesty.

When contacted for comment, the Alsakan governments' equally-insulting choice of ambassador merely responded with:

Baldrick_thumbnail.jpg

Baldrick the Smelly,
Peasant,
HAM Ambassador to Coruscant,
Alsakan Sector

"But I gave them all turnips shaped like thingies!"

Whilst the Alsakans revel in their trickery, and Coruscant is doing its best to suppress or ignore the imagery, the whole saga has been playing on repeat in the more Rimward worlds, which have been enjoying seeing a mighty Core Founder humiliated. Counterfeit copies of the 'I LUV ALSAKAN' t-shirts gifted to celebrities as part of their giftbags, have become the ironic must-have accessory for alien and Rimward humans alike. Some are even praising Alsakan for its 'eccentric' approach to dealing with prideful Corers.

It is clear to even the densest of viewer that Alsakan-Coruscant relations remain as strained, if not more so, than ever., particularly as the Alsakan Crown Prince served as co-master of ceremonies with Ambassador Baldrick.

Castell Purchase falls flat

Up until recently, the Gossams of Castell have been a prosperous and industrious folk.  One of the first explorers into hyperspace with their discovery of the Tumble Hyperdrive some twenty-seven millenia ago, the Gossams have marched inexorably forward into prosperity.  The past couple decades however have humbled the Gossam to a tremendous degree.  Castell has been in a precipitous economic downturn with industrial output declining, rents skyrocketing and wages stagnating.  Foreign capital investment had all but ceased, that is until the Commerce Guild came calling.

The Commerce Guild seemed like they were the Gossam's saviors.  The physically largest guild in the galaxy, Castell saw no reason not to hear their proposal, to purchase *the entire planet*.  The Gossams thought long and hard about how much that would actually cost, knowing full well it meant the end of their sovereignty.  But, their bellies are empty and they did come up with a rather high number of six-hundred quadrillion credits, almost with a stoic assurance the Commerce Guild would have the financial resources to cover such a fantastical sum.  The Gossam Representatives were taken aback when the Commerce Guild informed them that was far too much money despite their almost bottomless pocketbook.

After a brief recess, the two returned to the table to discuss what if anything could be agreed to that could even pass as mutually beneficial.  In the end the Commerce Guild offered Castell the purchase of their shipyards and enough land for a huge starport capable of operating the new Guild's freighter the Reliant for a skosh over fifteen quadrillion. 

Dr. Constantine Liebgott-Elphinstone, tenured professor at the Mrlsst Trade and Science Academy of economics and part-time ether salesman had this to say on the matter;  "I mean, I look at this deal and I don't necessarily see anything wrong with it?  At least from say a bottom-up perspective.  The Gossam are in dire financial constraints and despite losing their shipyards to the Commerce Guild you can rest assured they'll put them to good use.  A new large Starport would also be a good start and rehabilitating their economy.  I think perhaps the Gossam were too stary-eyed and saw the Guild as their saviors and it was not meant to be and they won't make that mistake again.  Rest assured future discussions with the Gossam are going to be far more difficult.  But on the other hand, in terms of top tier competition on a galactic scale the Commerce Guild has definitely lost face and prestige.  Balking at the chance to own a whole planet?  Really a chance to own an entire species?  I mean sure that might run afoul of Republic "Laws" and such but it would of been a nebula sized feather for the Ridiculously Oversized Hat Club." 

Chalcata Negotiations: Talks with the Hutts

The Holonet News has received an official report from Hutt Space today. The Hutt Kadijic Cooperative Council has officially accepted an offer from the Alderaanian government to enter into discussions regarding the growing Hutt-Republic tensions. The spokesperson from the Cooperative Council, a human by the name of Ba'al, had this to day:

"The Hutt Kadijic Cooperative Council would like to offer our gratitude to Bail Antilles of Alderaan. This invitation gives us hope that the issues between the Hutts and Republic can be solved peacefully. As such, I officially accept the invitation on behalf of the Council. I have been empowered by the Kajidic rulers on the council to negotiate on their behalf, and will meet with Mr. Antilles on the world of  Chalcata several days from now. I look forward to fruitful negotiations with my Republic counter parts."

Following the official notification, it would seem that the world of Chalcata is abuzz with preparations for these high level discussions. It should be noted, that Chalcata is the homeworld of the late Jedi Master Depa Billaba, who perished on assignment to Hutt Space.

• 2 weeks later...

Kuati Infighting?

Today we bring you a special, albeit brief, report. This information has found its way to us through our investigative reporting department, who received it from an anonymous source. We have not been able to check the validity of these statements, however, we believe they are important enough to report on.

Our information indicates that Kuat Drive Yards is under attack from within the Kuati government. Our source has pointed us in the direction of a Khoss Knylenn, an heir to the Knylenn family, one of the Ten Families of Kuat. These families exercise control over Kuat Drive Yards, and through it, Kuat itself. While the well known Kuat family leads the Ten, they are certainly not the only politically powerful one on the world. According to our informant, Khoss of Knylenn is responsible for the debacle with the Pride of the Core, and the subsequent refinery explosion on the KDY Orbital Axis. If true, this would indicate that there is a potential civil war brewing on Kuat, one of the most significant industrial worlds within the Republic.

We contacted Khoss of Knylenn for a statement. "These accusations are unfounded and outrageous. My lawyers will be contacting your legal office, I swear on the Knylenn family that I will find whomever is behind these lies and make them feel the full wrath of the Kuat judicial system!" 

Further attempts at contacting the Knylenn family as a whole have been blocked by their communications system.

The Slussi Three
March-Phenomenon-Night-Games-631.jpg
The Blades of Sluss and a man-hunt...

In what seems like more of an event from a Holodrama, a man hunt has begun to unfold within the Slussi Sector. Several months ago, Senator Bor Gracus was murdered in cold blood by three individuals who belonged to an organization known as the Blades of Sluss. This organization, an off shoot of the Million Systems Strong Movement, has turned towards violence on several occasions in order to achieve their political goals. The murder of Senator Gracus is the culmination of these moves, and stands as the most violent act committed by the group. Since then, the Blades of Sluss have gone underground, and the three individuals responsible for the Senators death have been in hiding.

The issue that law enforcement, both local and Republic, have encountered is that these individuals are popular with a noticeable portion of the population. In fact, it is believe that these three individuals have been able to escape for so long due to assistance from the local population. These near folk heroes have become the poster children for a group of Outer Rimmers that are disenfranchised from the "Core dominated Republic" and the corruption that they felt their former Senator encapsulated. 

This has led to a prolonged search for the Slussi Three (the name given to the three by locals who support them). For one of them, however, that search is at an end.

In what appears to have been a random attack, Frun Halrick has been killed. Our information is limited, as there is an active criminal investigation underway, but it appears that an attempt to covertly apprehend the criminal went awry. Four individuals, wearing civilian clothing but carrying military grade gear, are seen on holorecordings attempting to drag Halrick from a flat of apartments where he had been hiding for approximately two weeks. This attempt to apprehend Halrick was interrupted by who the police think is a supporter of the Blades. This individual pulled out a blaster and engaged the four individuals who were holding Halrick in a brief fire fight.

The assailant was killed during the altercation, but it appears as if a stray blaster bolt also struck Halrick in the chest, killing him instantly. After the shooting stopped, the four individuals are seen checking to see if Halrick was alive, before fleeing as more people and law enforcement arrived on scene. So far these individuals have not been identified, or located, according to local law enforcement sources.

The whereabouts of both Gartlin Trace and Urthur Blanch are still unknown. Judicial Department representatives wish for us to remind the public that these individuals are considered armed and dangerous, and an active warrant for their arrest is out. If anyone has any information as to the location of these individuals, they are asked to contact their local branch of the Sector Rangers.

The Cloistering of Hutt Space

In a shocking turn of events, the Galactic Republic has ratified legislation that will see the first Republic military formed in nearly a thousand years. "The Grand Army of the Republic" will be formed from the current paramilitary Judicial Council. Also listed in this legislation is the repeal of several parts of the Ruusan Reformation, including the restrictions on the Republics use of war as a part of foreign policy, and the restrictions on what ships the Judicial Forces, now GAR, can field.

This news has sent rumblings throughout the galaxy, but no where has taken to the news so vehemently as Hutt Space. Grand Ambassador Ba'al, representative of the Hutt Cooperation Council, has this to say:

"Many in the galaxy did not agree with the Council's view on Republic militarism. In fact, there was heated debate as to whether we were simply exaggerating our fears. However, the Republix Senate has proven us right. The fact that we in the Cooperation Council are building no more than 20 warships, with the intent of protecting ourselves from aggression, has caused the Republic to return to their old war mongering ways."

"I speak to the People's of the free galaxy. This is not the action of a stable government, with stable leaders. No, these are the actions of a predator seeking an excuse to hunt it's prey."

"With this move, the Hutt Cooperation Council would like to announce that several other Kajidics have joined our banner. What started as simply five families, powerful and influential as they may be, has grown to represent 90% of the Hutt Families, and that means 90% of Hutt Space. They realize now that we were right: The Republic is an existential threat to any peoples not under rule."

"Take this as an official announcement, all transit between Hutt Space and the Republic is no restricted to essential traffic only. There is no longer freedom of movement to or from our space. Any attempts to breach the sanctity of Hutt Space will be viewed as a declaration of war. We welcome the free species of the galaxy to speak to us, to negotiate with us to form a defensive union against Republic aggression."

After delivering this message publicly, the Grand Ambassador and his entourage departed Chalcata, and headed back to Hutt Space.

Protests Erupt Across Outer Rim

The news of the Grand Army of the Republic has been met with anger across much of the Outer Rim. Large scale protests, some with thousands of members, have occurred on numerous Outer Rim worlds over the past several hours. The worst of the protests have occurred on Sluis Van, where rioting and looting is currently overwhelming local security forces.

Protests on worlds such as Kashyyk, Mintooine, Sullust, and Rhyloth have been large and well organized, but have not led to the same levels of violence as Sluis Van. These protests are also already beginning to spread, with demonstrations being held outside of the Royal Palace on Naboo. These protests have all been in opposition to the formation of the new Republic military, with demands being leveled that the Senate overturn this new legislation and return the GAR to the Judicial Forces.

These protests all seem to be organized by local branches of the Million Systems Strong movement. This movement, formed around the basis of the Core-Rim Divide, and demanding equality for all members of the Republic, has grown increasingly opposed to the Grand Army of the Republic. Elix Ithar, the organizer of the Duluur branch of the Million Systems, issued this statement:

"The Republic's return to militarism is beyond reprehensible. We feel that this move will lead to further oppression of the Rim worlds, or those who do not fall into line. We see the Hutt debacle as little more than an excuse for militarization, most likely intended to allow the Republic to silence dissent on a grander scale than just the convenient death of a single Senator."

While Ms. Ithar's statements have not been confirmed, many within the movement are taking to them. Slogans warning of the coming Republic oppression, using this new military, are currently being chanted across Republic space. 

We interrupt your regularly scheduled programing to bring you this transmission, broadcasted live from Sluis Van...

"... brothers and sisters, the time has come. For too long have the Core funded interests plagued our government. For too long, have the puppets of the Elites had a day in our future. For too long have we submitted to the Republic! Today marks a new day, a day where the People's of Sluis Van will be able to determine their own future, without the influence of the Core."

"I thank you, my fellow revolutionaries, for your efforts. You have shown the legislature the path you as a people wish to walk, and they have listened. I am now the Khedive, leader of our people, and as your leader I swear upon my life, to follow the path you choose, with no care for the desires of the Core Elites, and under no influence of their blood money. Today marks a new day for Sluis Van, and it is our hope, that our success will show the other Rimward worlds that they too can be without the influence of the Core."

"I have sent instructions to our representatives in the Galactic Senate to begin following the ways of the late Duluur Senator. To fight against the Core's influence, and to push for our peoples rights above all. Should they refuse, then we will replace them. I have also moved for the Legislature to begin voting on our place in the so called Outlands Region Security Force--a puppet of the Core Elites and a hammer they use to put down those who resist them. Soon we will have the answer of the people."

"Finally, my brothers and sisters, I urge calm. While we have evidence of the corruption in the Core, that does not give us the right to pass judgement on the People's of the Republic government. Should you see them, treat them with respect and not violence. It is our goal that they will leave this world soon, peacefully, and allow us to exist without their undue influence."

"I thank you, my people. Let us move forward, together, united!"

The broadcast has ended. This broadcast was sent by the new Khedive of Sluis Van, and legally speaking, the Sluis Van Sector. His name is Candobar Inglet, and in the last year, he has been a vocal opponent of the Core's influence in the Outer Rim and a supporter of the Million Systems Strong Movement.

Standoff At Sluis Van Ends

The ORSF fleet that was in orbit at Sluis Van, being blocked from approaching closer to the planet by Sluis Van's defense forces, has departed the system. After taking on some 200 Republic officials and their families, the fleet departed on apparent good terms with the Slussi government. The move comes as the Sluis Van Congregate completed a vote on the future of the world in relation to the ORSF. An official announcement by the Khedive has declared that the world of Sluis Van would be leaving it's joint security arrangement with the Outlands Region Security Force, effective immediately. However, citing the previous relationship with ORSF, the Khedive has declared that they will continue permitting ORSF ships to transit through their system on official duties.

Shortly after the announcement from the Sluis Van Khedive, the governor of Praesitlyn, publicly declared his non-confidence in the leadership of the Slussi government. As such, he has sent a formal request to the Republic Senate for redistribution of the Praesitlyn system into a bordering Sector. This has sent rumbling throughout the Sector, and it appears that other governors may be following the example of the governor of Praesitlyn. The official count has not been made, but with this request, it is likely that the Republic will give all worlds in the sector their chance to speak their desires.

Kuat Drive Yards in Turmoil
Several houses stand in opposition of the Kuat family...

Just hours ago, Khoss of Knylenn held an impromptu conference, with media outlets from across the galaxy being urged to attend. During this meeting, Khoss declared that his father, Krone of Knylenn, had perished as a result of the bombing of his families estate. Khoss continued, providing evidence on screen that the package containing the bomb was delivered with the Kuat Family crest adorned upon it, evidence that the Kuat family had a stockpile of illegal weapons, and financial documents tying the Kuat Family to the Besadii Kajidic, currentl rulers of Hutt Space. After this evidence had been presented on the holoscreen, Khoss was joined by representatives of the Kuhlvult, Depon, and Purkis. 

"Kuat Drive Yards, and our homeworld of Kuat, represent a bright jewel within the core worlds. We have industry and culture that rivals any other in the galaxy. Wealth, prosperity, and opportunity are available to all Kuati blood. Typically, we entrust the Kuat family to maintain this, and to grow our status in the galaxy. However, it is clear now, that Olenna Kuat has done nothing but tarnish the jewel that is our world. Originally, my plans for today had consisted of meeting with Olenna, in an attempt to ease the issues on our world and get to the bottom of these horrifying events. Thankfully for me, the plot of the Kuat family was revealed by a trusted ally. Olenna Kuat sees myself and my house as a scapegoat--little more than a pawn in her scheme to rid herself of the Ten. She miscalculated, however."

"The houses represented here today officially declare our lack of faith in the Kuat family. We openly declare that we wish to see them removed from their position of rule over our world, by any means necessary. We also petition the Republic's judicial system, and demand that they launch a full scale investigation into the actions of the Kuat family, and the death of my father. We can not allow a madwoman like Olenna to continue to drag our world down with her!"

After several more mundane remarks to the gathered press, the conference was ended. Khoss and his associates were seen leaving the area in a heavily armored speeder, with visible security guards. We do not know what is happening behind the scenes on Kuat, but I for one can't help but notice a pattern of instability in the Republic. First Sluis Van, now Kuat itself.

Kuat Houses in Exile
Several Kuat Houses Flee to Safety

We've received reports from Khoss of Knylenn, the leader of one of the Ten Kuati Houses, that he has established a government in exile on Anaxes. Along with him, the leadership and primary membership of Kuhlvult, Depon, and Purkis have joined him. Operating out of a rented estate on the Sirpar Hills, the ruling members of these families have delcared their intention to see the Kuat family removed from power on the world. 

"The Kuat family has violated the terms of the Inheritance Exemption. Centuries ago, our forbearers signed a contract with the Kuat family, allowing them full control over Kuat Drive Yards, with the explicit purpose of enrichening all Ten Kuati noble houses. The current leadership of Kuat has trampled this contract, focusing on vanity pieces, cooperating with Hutts, and threatening out position within the Republic. Their chosen Senator has been used by the Outer Rim as a focal point for their opposition to the Core worlds, and we have evidence that they have attempted to murder members of the Ten. While the leadership of the Kuat family has tried to sway us with sweet words, their actions do not match. We will not be silenced by the likes of the Kuat family."

"I thank the government of the Azure Sector on behalf of my family, and those that support me. This move will allow us to speak freely, and work with our representatives still on the ground of Kuat, to remove the corrupt, murderous, treasonous, Kuat family from power."

The Azure Sector government has confirmed that the Kuati families have been welcomed onto Anaxes voluntarily. They have not confirmed any deals that have been made with the Kuati families. Additionally, reports indicate that the Kuat government has begun a large scale mobilization of its defense forces. Key infrastructure and governmental buildings have been garrisoned by the Sector Defense Forces. 

Hutt Space Grows

While the Hutt Cooperation Council has been quiet in the last quarter of this year, it would seem that they have not simply been sitting on their laurels. Word has reached the Holonet News Office that several worlds in what is officially known as the Galov Sector have signed deals to officially become a part of Hutt Space--specifically, as protectorates of the Cooperation Council.

On the list of new members for Hutt Space are the world's of Gamorr and Arami. 

This follows a troubling trend of the Cooperation Council--consolidation. While these systems have long been dominated by Hutt influence, this is the first time they have become official members of Hutt Space. It would seem this is not an isolated incident, either. Ambassadors and messengers from Hutt Space have been reported throughout the Border Regions, visiting high profile worlds such as Ubrikkia and Gyndine. While none of these worlds have officially joined the Cooperation Councils sphere of influence, there is little doubt what the conversations centered around.

More troubling for these two worlds in particular... much of the economy of Ubrikkia and Gyndine are tied to their Kuat Drive Yards facilities. With Kuat itself being on the verge of civil war, there is little doubt that some of their governments may be seeking new investments.

The Kuati Family Opposed

Month 10, Day 33, 950 ARR

Early this morning, two alliances of Kuati noble families became one. In an official statement, Khoss of Knylenn announced that his families would be working together with those families allied with House Andrim. This move came as a shock to many watching the situation on Kuat, and many believe there may be outside influence at play here.

This move brings seven out of the Ten houses of Kuat into alignment against the Kuat family, who have found themselves with few allies to support them.

Shortly after the announcement, we received reports of weapons fire in Kuat's Orbital Axis. From what we've been able to gather, security forces loyal to House Andrim have seized control of the portion of the Axis known as Andrim Shipyards. These forces reportedly seized control from Kuat loyal security forces, taking many of them prisoner and forcing many more out of their area of control. There are no official words of casualties from the incident, but unconfirmed reports indicate as many as fifty security officers may have been killed or wounded during the exchange. 

More information will be released as it becomes available.

Chandrila Hosts Private Holo Summits for Rim Systems, 3-Day Event Intends to Listen to Rim Problems and Develop Solutions

In the wake of a year of increased tensions between Core and Rim factions in the Republic, Chandrila’s planetary government and Senator Sartha of the Bormea Sector have coordinated an event to begin addressing these tensions. The hope is to better understand and develop solutions to Rim problems that have been unaddressed or fallen through the cracks.

Notably, the event will be private and include mostly non-senatorial representatives from the Republic’s Rim systems, ostensibly to avoid the politicking so prevalent in senatorial circles. There is plenty of time leading up to the event, and a released agenda seems to focus on providing attendees space to speak on current issues before diving into developing potential solutions that will then be aggregated, shared, and used to formulate broader actions. It is anticipated following the summit that the Chandrilan government or Senator Sartha;s office will provide a public report to guide discussions on how to address the current tensions.

This move comes after a similar move from the 1 Million Systems Strong movement. Yesterday, hundreds of representatives from numerous Republic members began arriving on the world of Gerrenthum, a key outer rim world to the galactic south. For the past month, Yelissa Figg--descendant of the well know Figg gamily--has been sending private invitations and courting members of Republic senatorial delegations, aiming to bring them together for what she is calling "Summit of a Single Voice." While the exact itinerary of the summit is not public, we have heard that they will be discussing solidifying the 1MSS movement into a recognized voting block within the Republic. A leaked line from the invitation from Figg herself reads as follows: "... for too long, the interests of the Core have burdened the Rim worlds. We have had champions for the cause rise up, and then be silenced over the years, but we can not let their words be silenced with them. That is why I wish for us all to join together, to stand as one million systems with one voice."

Notable individuals to arrive at the summit include Senator Noh'M'Uraandt of the Duluur Sector, Senator Ludar of the Sluis Sector, and Senator Yarua of the Mytaranor Sector. In addition to these notable names, our sources indicate that representatives of at least one hundred Sectors from across the Rims have arrived at the summit, with many sectors sending their Senators or capital representatives. The summit is scheduled to continue through the end of Month 1, next year.

Ubrikkia Joins Hutt Space

Month 10, Day 34, 950 ARR

Off+The+Grid+(20) (1).jpg

Word has reached the Holonet News Network that Ubrikkia has officially declared their intention to join Hutt Space, under the leadership of the Hutt Cooperation Council. This move comes as the Republic is busy handling many crisises across its space, including continued tensions between the Core and Rimward worlds, a civil war on Kuat, and a flood of pirates fleeing the new Hutt regime.

According to our information, the populace of Ubrikkia is mostly going along with this move by the government. Discent against this move has been limited to workers of the Ubrikkian Industries, a subsidiary of Kuat Drive Yards, that hail mostly from the core. However, it is unlikely that these workers have any real choice in the matter. We expect many to flee to the Core Worlds as soon as they are able.

Shortly after the announcement, a fleet of ships dropped out of hyperspace, in orbit of the planet. These vessels then deployed dropships, that landed at the few Ubrikkian defense force bases that existed, and began disembarking troops. These ships and their troops appear to belong to the new Hutt Cooperation Council, and are reportedly working with the government to ensure their stability.

This move bodes well for the Hutts, as Ubrikkia is the latest in a series of Outer Rim worlds that have voluntarily joined their government. For the Republic, it represents a significant challenge. With a resurgent Hutt Space, the Republic is no longer the only InterStellar government in the galaxy. There are now other options for independent Rimward worlds, and one that from appearances, is about Cooperation.

Year in Review: 950 AAR

Good evening fellow sentients, I am Hanz Franger, Executive Producer here on Holonet News, Channel 3. Tonight, I bring to you our yearly review.

This year has been one for the history books. Nearly a thousand years of stagnation and peace has been shattered, and many of us are left wondering... what's next?

Early in the year, the vanity projec5 known as the Pride of the Core captured the attention of the galaxy. The first fully operational Star Dreadnought in history, and the catalyst for a renewed Hutt threat. The Pride of the Core will go down in history as one of the worst debacle, and the beginning of a downward spiral for the Kuat family, that seems like it will end in a full blown Civil War.

The Hutts would be a focus of many for the majority of the year, over shadowing the Andoan Free Colonies and the efforts by the government of Alderaan. These efforts, led to a peace that the Andoans had not enjoyed in many years. 

While some long term struggles were brought to a peaceful end this year, others were brought to violent conclusions. The 1 Million Systems Strong movement has exploded across the galaxy, galvanizing the Core-Rim tensions and turning it into a political, and very physical, weapon. With the death of at least one Senator being caused by off shoots of 1MSS, it is no wonder that they are a concern for many of the galaxy. Still, no one expected it to lead to the a revolution on Sluis Van.

To make matters more interesting, for the first time in nearly a thousand years, the Republic has a standing military, a Sith coven was eliminated on Elrood, and the Hutts have begun building their own military. 

All of this equals a more interesting and dangerous galaxy. We do not know exactly what history will say about this last year, or our actions during it... but one thing is for sure: 950 ARR will be remembered as a year of change within our galaxy.