Star Wars Diplomacy 3.1.0

Released 10/19/2021

Key Changes

SWD Game Engine 3.1.0

We are super excited to bring the majority of completion on military production and military sales. There are some enhancements that will be made for user experience, as well as enhanced admin and moderator experience. For now though, the core functionality of the military sales and production is done.  Additionally, a few small fixes have been put in. 

Planet Management Portal

You will now have access to a planet management portal. From this portal, you will be able to manage military sales, production, and more features to be added later.  With the creation of our new features, we needed a place to put these features. Unfortunately, the stylistic design we wanted to go with was not going to be feasible. For right now, the link is located on your planet page. Only the planet leader and admins/moderators have access to your planet management portal. You will not see the link if you do not have privileges.  I will be brainstorming this week on some additional display elements for us to make the portal easier to access. We would likely keep the link we have now, but will probably create an additional link in one of the drop-downs if it is possible. 

Military Production

Let's consider this iteration of production a very early draft. It works. It generally works how we want it to. It's an incremental build for something this complex.  This is the most complex game engine function we have so far. Let's look at it as a crawl/walk/run development. Currently, you get X TPC on your planet. Each unit gets a TPV assigned to it. You are able to allocate some OR all of your TPC towards production. However right now, you can only have one production line open at a time. It's not ideal, but we will enhance it to allow for multiple production lines. After that, we do want to look at some long term work to this to split apart different types of production and types of production capacity. We'll get to that though. For now - let's live with this for a little bit. We do have some additionally work on the admin side to add-in on this though before the round begins. I consider it critical game functionality. 

For now - please do not initiate production orders. I realize right now that it is possible, and I will be checking and deleting production orders that I see that pop up before the round begins. 

Military Sales

This system is a lot less complex. It should for the most part be done. I don't see many ways to improve it.  We disagreed with the old system, where planets would be given access to request to purchase by the seller. The buyer could then see all of the buyer's military inventory. That is gone. This system is seller-directed. Basically, you will coordinate your purchases in private or in the arms market. Identify the selling price and units for sale. The seller will then put them up for sale, which will send a notice to the buyer. The buyer will then go in and complete the sale. Units and credits will be swapped instantly.  Easy. 

Game Clock

We initiated a small fix that broke the game clock. The clock was working fine, however some style elements elsewhere on the forum were conflicting with the JavaScript on the game clock. This has been rectified, and should not be an issue in the future. 

Additional Information

What's Next

Budget Maker

Planet Application Tool

Action Management System